PDA

View Full Version : Stud high, muck a flush draw on fourth???

nef
09-13-2002, 03:02 PM
Structure; $0.50 ante, $2.00 bring-in, complete to $4 on 3rd, 4th street rule in effect, $4/$8 thereafter.

I am dealt 5h-Kh-6h.
2c brings it in.
I call.
Td calls.
9d calls.
6c calls.

Dead cards: 8h, 8s, 3s

On fourth street I have:
(5h-Kh)-6h-2h
XX Td 7d
XX 9d 9c
XX 6c 6d
XX 2c Kd

Nines bet the full amount ($8), sixes call, 2c-Kd calls.

I am currently getting $37:$8. The XX Td 7d acts behind me.

what should I do?

09-13-2002, 05:01 PM
as tempting as it is to stay with a live 4 flush you are only invested a few dollars to a pot that has a chance to cost you alot of money by being in the middle of a raising war if you are up against two sets of trips. You have to take into account a raiser on third paired his door and a smaller paired door called a double bet on fourth.

No need to fight uphill in this situation because you are behind in 3 places. As much as it hurts I believe this is an automatic fold.

09-13-2002, 06:31 PM
Definitely a fold with no regrets.

Sitting Bull
09-13-2002, 06:58 PM
/forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Dynasty
09-13-2002, 07:57 PM
Why is he compounding an error? Are you saying nef shouldn't have played his live King-high 3-flush on 3rd street?

Sitting Bull
09-14-2002, 02:31 AM
that he should not continue on 4th against 2 paired doorcards. If he connects with a flush,he would most like /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ly continue to the river. His flush would usually have a short life against 2 possible sets--even if only one opponent had a set,nef would be walking a very "tight rope".
The only possible justification for playing this hand would be in a very large ante game with a lot of "dead money" to struggle for.

Happy pokering.
Sitting Bull

Mason Malmuth
09-14-2002, 02:18 PM
You have an easy fold.

MM

Ray Zee
09-15-2002, 10:40 AM
certainly folding isnt going to cost alot or even be a bad play, but. you are getting lots of odds here and no one has shown any strength yet. why not take a card off and see what happens. sure if both pairs have trips you are in a lousy spot. but in all other cases you can get along okay here. and what about the many times no one has trips and you are in a great spot. plus if you play well you can get away from the hand even if you hit the flush when its beat for sure.