PDA

View Full Version : Do I wear a skirt?

09-13-2002, 02:42 PM
Alright, here's the hand, I put him on A rag, which is typical when you see a small raise here, so I call the flop thinking he paired his rag. The turn check pretty much confirms that.Was I too worried about his ace making a better flush? My thinking was that if i was right i was losing 43 bucks over an 8 dollar pot

Game #223333958 - (blinds $0.25/$0.50) No Limit Texas Hold'em - 2002/09/13-11:52:06 (CST)
Table "Marquesa Isles" (real money) -- Seat 10 is the button
Seat 1: avaaatar ($48.75 in chips)
Seat 2: Blue Pig ($49.25 in chips)
Seat 3: jholmgren ($89.25 in chips)
Seat 4: jtsylves ($63.25 in chips)
Seat 5: toadpockit ($74.50 in chips)
Seat 6: KLRROCK ($59.75 in chips)
Seat 7: Norrlander ($39.50 in chips)
Seat 8: D4m@N ($34.25 in chips)
Seat 9: Suzanne ($27.50 in chips)
Seat 10: Eveningstar ($26.25 in chips)
avaaatar: Post Small Blind ($0.25)
Blue Pig: Post Big Blind ($0.50)
Dealing...
Dealt to toadpockit [ Js ]
Dealt to toadpockit [ Kc ]
jholmgren: Fold jtsylves: Fold toadpockit: Call ($0.50)
KLRROCK : Fold Norrlander: Fold D4m@N : Fold Suzanne : Fold Eveningstar: Call ($0.50)
avaaatar: Raise ($0.75)
Blue Pig: Fold toadpockit: Call ($0.50)
Eveningstar: Call ($0.50)
*** FLOP *** : [ Tc 8c 3d ]
avaaatar: Bet ($2.50)
toadpockit: Call ($2.50)
Eveningstar: Fold *** TURN *** : [ Tc 8c 3d ] [ Qc ]
avaaatar: Check toadpockit: Check *** RIVER *** : [ Tc 8c 3d Qc ] [ 6c ]
avaaatar: Bet ($45.25)
toadpockit said, "hmmmm"
avaaatar said, "im bluffing"
Eveningstar said, "a bit much for a bluff?"
toadpockit said, "argggggggg"
avaaatar said, "i go all out"
toadpockit: Fold avaaatar: Winner -- doesn't show cards *** SUMMARY ***
Pot: $8.25 | Rake: $0.25
Board: [ Tc 8c 3d Qc 6c ]

Chris Villalobos
09-13-2002, 04:55 PM
I don't like your call on the flop. You still have someone yet to act behind you, and even if you do hit on the turn you won't be too happy with your hand if you get any action. You may be able to win a showdown if you hit one of your cards and there is little or no action, but is it worth the odds you are getting? Maybe my opinion is too tight, but I don't believe that your goal in No-Limit Hold'em is to make a single pair hand with a crappy kicker even if you believe you're getting semi-bluffed.

Your fold on the end was fine IMO.

09-14-2002, 02:01 PM
KJo is trash in No Limit. You should not be limping in with it third to act.

Your call on the flop is completely indefensible. You have nothing and no draw. Calling pot-sized bets routinely in this spot will get you broke in a hurry.

Your check on the turn is suspect. You hit close to a perfect card, and if you're ever going to semi-bluff this is the time. A check would be in order if there was virtually no chance your opponent would fold. If he's playing at all though you have to bet here, probably about the size of the pot.

The river is a judgement call, and with a bet that size you want to err on the side of folding. I think a fold is usually correct there.

Matt