PDA

View Full Version : Re: Mason's 2nd Hand

The Dude
02-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Mason,
I agree 100% that you were in a "raise any two" situation, with one assumption you didn't include: you don't know that either blind recognizes that you are in an "any two" situation. If you know that they don't recognize your situation, or if you don't know them well enough to know, then I like your play.

I do this when I've posted in the CO and it's folded to me - I generally raise any two. But players who know me know that I do this, therefore I can't raise quite as liberally if they are still behind me (although I would still be raising very light).

sthief09
02-27-2005, 02:54 PM
this is exactly what I was thinking. I thought that folding would be the best play. I'm sure 100/200 players are tough enough to recognize when someone can be raising with literally any 2 cards and act accordingly. half the dead money comes from the CO, and he likely has no clue since he checked in a raise any 2 spot though, but if I were the BB, I'd probably be 3-betting just about anything planning on getting it headsup and taking it down on the flop. calling then betting any flop doesn't seem like a bad move either since the CO will likely be folding anyway

The Dude
02-27-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm confused. You say Mason shouldn't raise because his opponents will recognize his any-two situation and play accordingly, but then you call the CO "clueless" for not raising in an any-two situation. Which is it? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif