PDA

View Full Version : Back to the basics... plan after protecton raise is 3-bet by pf capper

bobdibble
02-27-2005, 05:23 AM
UTG+2 is ultra loose pre-flop (80% vpip) but tightens up significantly post flop and is more fit/fold.

Button is tagish and is a thinking player, i.e. I know he will be putting me on a hand and will play accordingly.

Party Poker Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (12.66 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>...

Plan for rest of hand?

mr pink
02-27-2005, 05:26 AM
i'd be thinking KK or AA if i was you right about now. check/call the turn and fold the river UI would probably be my line. depends how sure you are of your read.

Shillx
02-27-2005, 05:29 AM
I would have played this one much more carefully on the flop. There aren't too many hands (that the loose-passive can hold) that this flop can fit, and those that it does have you in pretty bad shape (or have him drawing thin). Given the action up to this point, I think that we should go into shutdown mode unless we improve.

Brad

Willluck
02-27-2005, 05:33 AM
if you're going to fold the river then you may as well have folded the turn. I would lead the turn and fold to any further aggression or check-fold the turn. depending on my feeling at the moment...also depends on if it was possible to check the river and expect him to check behind.