PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good laydown?

Siegmund
02-27-2005, 04:15 AM
B&M $3/6 this afternoon. Fifteen minutes after a new table opens. No details on the principals involved yet; so far it's usually been four or five people seeing the flop for either one or two bets.

Nine-handed. I am button with QQ.

The action to me is:

Limp, Raise, Reraise, Coldcall 3, Fold, Fold.

What should it be, call, raise, or fold?

----

At the table I folded. My justification was that I should be up against at least an A-K and another high pocket pair if not two. I have a feeling I might have just been telling myself that to rationalize not making a huge investment in the hand.

Raiser capped it, the four of them saw a small coordinated board like 764. Only the reraiser and coldcaller stayed to the end (3 turn, 9 river, I think it was): reraiser showed pocket jacks and coldcaller mucked.

mr pink
02-27-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am button with QQ

[/ QUOTE ]

raise, 3-bet, hero caps.

get 'em next time.

The-Matador
02-27-2005, 04:32 AM
No.

No, no, no a thousand times no.

jason_t
02-27-2005, 04:33 AM
Cap preflop. Then the hand plays completely differently.

Yeknom58
02-27-2005, 05:03 AM
QQ is 3rd best starting hand..unless the 3 bettor actually showed my AA or KK I'm capping this every time.

Willluck
02-27-2005, 05:28 AM
easy cap. and if it was capped to you cc 4

Michael Davis
02-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Ha, this is nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be. You shouldn't have folded though.

-Michael

BDP
02-27-2005, 08:36 AM
I can understand why you saw your QQ shrink against a raise and a re-raise. nonetheless I would haven't folded. Most likely I would have capped but at the very least I would have called if I was afraid of AA/KK

The-Matador
02-27-2005, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ha, this is nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be. You shouldn't have folded though.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

It is that bad. Folding the third best starting hand in the game to a couple of BM raisers is just ridiculously bad. Not only does he probably have the best hand right now, even if he does not he can still make a set. Just a terrible laydown, but then again I would expect you to have sympathy for it since you are, like the OP, probably weak tight (though you think you are aggressive, you are merely a nut peddler).

Michael Davis
02-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Matador,

If you have 100K hands of 3-6, I'm willing to bet sight unseen that I have a higher winrate than you. You can combine 2-4 and 3-6 as long as I can do the same and it still stands.

Obviously we would need to pay an independent group to verify this and inspect PokerTracker for cheating and such. You are a lawyer so you tell me how we do this. I'll bet up to 25K, whatever number you like, and we can put the money in the bank with a mutually agreed upon third party and a contract.

Anyways, you are a lawyer, work out the details so they're legit and I'll get a lawyer here to make sure everything's okay.

This should settle more than playing heads up for you, no?

-Michael

The-Matador
02-27-2005, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Matador,

If you have 100K hands of 3-6, I'm willing to bet sight unseen that I have a higher winrate than you. You can combine 2-4 and 3-6 as long as I can do the same and it still stands.

Obviously we would need to pay an independent group to verify this and inspect PokerTracker for cheating and such. You are a lawyer so you tell me how we do this. I'll bet up to 25K, whatever number you like, and we can put the money in the bank with a mutually agreed upon third party and a contract.

Anyways, you are a lawyer, work out the details so they're legit and I'll get a lawyer here to make sure everything's okay.

This should settle more than playing heads up for you, no?

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have 100k hands of 3-6.

My winrate over 60k hands is 4.1.

Put your dick away. Your poker advice is wretched, full stop.

Michael Davis
02-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Combine your 2-4 hands. Your number is very convenient. It also reveals quite a lot about your confidence, and how unwarranted it is. 60K hands is a joke.

-Michael

The-Matador
02-27-2005, 09:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Combine your 2-4 hands. Your number is very convenient. It also reveals quite a lot about your confidence, and how unwarranted it is. 60K hands is a joke.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Combined my winrate is 4.5 over 115k hands.

Michael Davis
02-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Then you should be confident enough to bet 25K. Why you would pass up an opportunity to get so much cash so easily is beyond me. Seriously, if you're carrying a winrate of 4.5 you're giving up about 20K in equity by not taking the bet.

-Michael

The-Matador
02-27-2005, 09:19 AM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Michael Davis
02-27-2005, 09:25 AM
"B) Put your dick away. Every time I tell you how much you suck (and your advice really does), you want to whip it out and play heads up or bet 25k on winrates.Are you this insecure about things?"

Fine irony, Matador.

I offered you any amount up to 25K. You can bet considerably less if you want, I'll take it so long as it covers the fees that are going to have to be paid to make this work.

Anyways, I'm through with this unless you accept. I will not be responding to any of your posts in the future and I encourage others to do the same. Please kill yourself, there must be some part of you that already considers this.

-Michael

The-Matador
02-27-2005, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"B) Put your dick away. Every time I tell you how much you suck (and your advice really does), you want to whip it out and play heads up or bet 25k on winrates.Are you this insecure about things?"

Fine irony, Matador.

I offered you any amount up to 25K. You can bet considerably less if you want, I'll take it so long as it covers the fees that are going to have to be paid to make this work.

Anyways, I'm through with this unless you accept. I will not be responding to any of your posts in the future and I encourage others to do the same. Please kill yourself, there must be some part of you that already considers this.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Just post your PT shot. Post your winrates. No need for a bet. It's simple.

Now you won't respond because you don't want to post your winrates, I suppose. You make some dipshit betting proposal to me involving independent verification and fees and so on, then conveniently decide not to respond to me anymore when I tell you that you can simply post your stats to look like the big man you clearly want us to believe you are. What a loser lol.

Michael Davis
02-27-2005, 09:29 AM
I have an 8.7/100 winrate at 3-6 and a 42.5/100 winrate at 2-4.

-Michael

The-Matador
02-27-2005, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Post it. In screenshot form. Don't doctor it up.

I don't believe you.

AngryCola
02-27-2005, 09:30 AM
Guess what?

Nobody cares about your insults.

All you do is make yourself look stupider and stupider.

Keep digging.

The-Matador
02-27-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Still waiting ... it only takes about 30 seconds to post a screenshot. What's the holdup? Trying to do the math to make the screenshot you're going to doctor up look credible?

I also find it a bit silly that someone who claims they could be making $400 an hour 4 tabling the Party 2-4 is wasting their precious time posting here.

Michael Davis
02-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Yeah Matador, I'm trying to doctor a screenshot showing an 8.7 winrate.

My God.

-Michael

The-Matador
02-27-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah Matador, I'm trying to doctor a screenshot showing an 8.7 winrate.

My God.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

I am more interested in the 42 winrate, but please do post either one.

I don't believe the 8.7 rate over 100k+ hands either. I'd sure like to see it, because a winrate that would produce a consistent $125+ per hour 4 tabling the Party 3-6 is really something I'd have to see to believe, quite frankly.

But I'm not *going* to see it, am I?

partygirluk
02-27-2005, 09:51 AM
Why don't we just collate 2+2ers PT databases. The-Matador is Sophia867 on Party poker. Don't know Michael's username, sorry.

The-Matador
02-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Classless. You should be ashamed of yourself. In PMs I specifically asked you not to reveal my Party nick, since you were the only one who knew it (you pulled hand histories based on my posted screenshot of my winrates before I had a chance to black that part out).

It's nice to know what kind of quality people have been board stalking me. This is way, way over the line.

JinX11
02-27-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

This is meant to be not serious, right? It's early, I'm hungover; the sarcasm meter is a bit off this morning.

42.5. Awesome.

AngryCola
02-27-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Classless

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming from you, this means nothing.

At no point have you ever shown ANY amount of class on this site.

You get what you give.

Enjoy.

The-Matador
02-27-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Classless

[/ QUOTE ]

Coming from you, this means nothing.

At no point have you ever shown ANY amount of class on this site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice to see you're a quality person too.

partygirluk
02-27-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Classless. You should be ashamed of yourself. In PMs I specifically asked you not to reveal my Party nick, since you were the only one who knew it (you pulled hand histories based on my posted screenshot of my winrates before I had a chance to black that part out).

It's nice to know what kind of quality people have been board stalking me. This is way, way over the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, you made a post which made your Party ID identifiable. Despite your behaviour, I informed you of your error, did not reveal your name, and have turned down PMs from people wishing to know it? Why? Because you kept promising you were reformed, and I wanted to give you a chance, and thus obliged your wish.

But you have not changed. You are just as vile. You do a disservice to these forums. So, I owe you nothing.

The-Matador
02-27-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, you made a post which made your Party ID identifiable. Despite your behaviour, I informed you of your error, did not reveal your name, and have turned down PMs from people wishing to know it? Why? Because you kept promising you were reformed, and I wanted to give you a chance, and thus obliged your wish.

But you have not changed. You are just as vile. You do a disservice to these forums. So, I owe you nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I understand. You are my judge and jury. After I made a mistake that you knew was a mistake when posting a screenshot and inadvertantly revealed my nick to you, you decided that you would now be the arbiter of my right to privacy.

And now you have decided that I am not worthy, and so you have decided to punish me by violating that right.

Do you see how no matter what I have posted (which has, btw, never been truly obscene or offensive, but merely argumentative), you have just proven yourself to be worse as a human being than I could possibly be based on my posts? Do you understand how by deciding to violate my privacy in this way you have lost any semblance of credbility when you criticize my posting?

I was a troll. I am now an argumentative poster with strong opinions on an internet message board. You, however, are a scumbag in real life, and I hope karma pays you back in full.

partygirluk
02-27-2005, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Do you see how no matter what I have posted (which has, btw, never been truly obscene or offensive, but merely argumentative)

[/ QUOTE ]

Just from this post

[ QUOTE ]
) Put your dick away. Every time I tell you how much you suck (and your advice really does), you want to whip it out and play heads up or bet 25k on winrates. Are you this insecure about things? Why can't you just respond to my strategy posts and have it out in that arena? Because you're wrong and you know it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Many other of your posts are similarly vile.

The-Matador
02-27-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do you see how no matter what I have posted (which has, btw, never been truly obscene or offensive, but merely argumentative)

[/ QUOTE ]

Just from this post

[ QUOTE ]
) Put your dick away. Every time I tell you how much you suck (and your advice really does), you want to whip it out and play heads up or bet 25k on winrates. Are you this insecure about things? Why can't you just respond to my strategy posts and have it out in that arena? Because you're wrong and you know it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Many other of your posts are similarly vile.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, none of my posts are vile. You tried to hurt another poster on an internet message board who has never done anything to you for real money in real life by revealing my nick. That's what's vile.

Btw, my nick has already been changed, so no harm done. But you did show yourself to be a grade A scumball, so that's fun.

AngryCola
02-27-2005, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

No, none of my posts are vile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

You truely are delusional.
My condolences go out to your family.

The-Matador
02-27-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No, none of my posts are vile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

You truely are delusional.
My condolences go out to your family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the kind of person that gets really mad and writes a letter to the editor when you see a swear word in the newspaper? Because you sure seem like it.

Tell me just exactly where my posts have been "vile". I am argumentative, and that's clear. But "vile"? That's absurd.

You don't like me and you're trying to get me banned (like a whining wuss). So you say stupid things like this and pretend you're better than me, when in fact you're the one actually doing things (like trying to get me banned and revealing my party nick) that are scummy. Nice work.

The-Matadork
02-27-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I caught your Party screenname at the same time. lol. But I was going to save it for a special occasion.

You also quoted your own screen name in a response to partygirl! idiotic.

i love it

ropey
02-27-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but at the very least I would have called if I was afraid of AA/KK

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am afraid of AA/KK, all the more reason to raise.

-ropey

Yeknom58
02-27-2005, 03:20 PM
"You tried to hurt another poster on an internet message board who has never done anything to you for real money in real life by revealing my nick"

While I don't think revealing your name was a nice thing to do I KNOW for a fact that people knowing your screenmame is not a big deal. It might be worth like .0001 BB/100 and with PT and gameview and crap that that .0001BB/100 might be generous. So I wouldn't be concerned.

rmarotti
02-27-2005, 03:51 PM
This fold sucks.