PDA

View Full Version : HU MicroStakes.

InchoateHand
02-27-2005, 03:32 AM
Since all the cool kids are doing it, I've been playing NL. However, I'm not very good, so I've been sticking to the micro limits, playing SH/HU to try and improve.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($27.65)
NLHENeophyte ($35.55)

Preflop: NLHENeophyte is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Button posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">NLHENeophyte raises to $0.5</font>, Button (poster) calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">NLHENeophyte bets $1</font>, Button calls $1.

Turn: ($3) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">NLHENeophyte bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">NLHENeophyte raises to $5</font>, Button calls $3.

River: ($13) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
NLHENeophyte checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $21.15 (All-In)</font>, NLHENeophyte calls $21.15.

Final Pot: $55.30

ZBTHorton
02-27-2005, 03:40 AM
Raise bigger pre-flop.

Decent flop bet.

Bet bigger on turn. He probably won't raise, and if he does push.

I bet the river, 10$..if he pushes...at this limit...I probably still call. Since it's a poster..he prolly had a flush. But you let him get there by betting small on the turn

ZBTHorton
02-27-2005, 03:41 AM
Also.

I think it is MUCH easier to learn to play NL at a full 10 handed game than it is short handed. That is my opinion though. Short handed is alot more read dependant and way less odds dependant.

InchoateHand
02-27-2005, 03:43 AM
I'm sorry. I should post reads. We have been HU for about 20 minutes, whittling away our respective stacks. He is more aggressive then me. The river check was to induce a bluff.

Thanks for the comments PF---I really should be raising more frequently to get action.

I most definitely called in a heartbeat.

InchoateHand
02-27-2005, 03:46 AM
I am playing SH/HU precisely to practice my hand reading skills. I am a reasonably competent limit player, and I find that fullhanded SS/ML NL games play like a limit game where I get to nutpedal. I am comfortable with calculating odds, and I'm trying to learn hand-