PDA

View Full Version : goin' to LA

DRD66
02-27-2005, 03:01 AM
Going to be in LA for a couple weeks, where should I play? Maybe I should put up a poll? Will be playing late evenings into early morning.

Fairly new to NLHE, playing online at UB, .5/1 and some $11 SNG's. Also play a live 5/5 NL game that's stupid loose - hit-n-run it when you can type of deal. Most of my B&M experience has been at mid-limit 7-stud, which I'd like to play if it's available in LA. Suggestions appreciated!

Michael Davis
02-27-2005, 09:18 AM
You need to see the Commerce. They have a 4-8 stud game if that's what you mean by mid-limits. The Commerce also spreads a 20-40 stud game but usually nothing in between.

-Michael

DRD66
02-28-2005, 01:26 AM
bump
any opinions appreciated, hate to just go by what pokerpages says

Thanks!

DeuceKicker
02-28-2005, 02:55 PM
The Bicycle Club is nicer than Commerce--and with much better food--and a better overall atmosphere. However, for some reason Commerce seems to draw more people.

If you're planning on playing during the day Commerce might be the better choice, as you'll most likely have more table selection at most limits. But during the evenings give the Bike a try. They're both within a few miles of each other.

edtost
02-28-2005, 03:00 PM
more people go there because that's where more people go....its a self-perpetuating spiral.