PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Actually Seen Gigli?

Tron
02-27-2005, 02:37 AM
Somehow this movie has become the benchmark against which all other bad movies are measured, but I've never met a single person that's actually seen it. So have any of you actually seen Gigli, or do you just latch on to what movie critics say like an idiot? Hell, do you even know anyone that's seen it?

[censored]
02-27-2005, 02:38 AM
Never seen it, never commented on it.

Tron
02-27-2005, 02:40 AM
Oooh I should add that question if I still can.

Tron
02-27-2005, 02:44 AM
Well, uhm... I can't.

[censored]
02-27-2005, 02:46 AM
My point was only that choosing to not see a movie hardly qualfies one as an idiot regardless of the popular opinion amongst critics.

private joker
02-27-2005, 02:53 AM
I saw it. It's not very good at all. In fact, it's quite bad. But it isn't the worst movie ever made. It wasn't even the worst movie of that year. But don't see it. It's not even good in a so-bad-it's-good way.

Tron
02-27-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My point was only that choosing to not see a movie hardly qualfies one as an idiot regardless of the popular opinion amongst critics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was directed at the people who do comment on it regardless of having never seen it. Sorry about that.

Thythe
02-27-2005, 03:17 AM
Yeah, I like to prejudge.

The Dude
02-27-2005, 03:27 AM
Never seen it, and now that you mention it, I can't recall ever talking to anybody that confirmed seeing it.

It's kind of like Wyomming. I guess somebody lives there, right?

bugstud
02-27-2005, 05:27 AM
saw it sober, some how, some way

was horribly bad, but not drop dead gorgeous bad

-ston

Freakin
02-27-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw it. It's not very good at all. In fact, it's quite bad. But it isn't the worst movie ever made. It wasn't even the worst movie of that year. But don't see it. It's not even good in a so-bad-it's-good way.

[/ QUOTE ]

K, what was, in your opinion, worst movie ever & of that year. I need to put things in perspective.

Freakin

SomethingClever
02-27-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to see it to review it. This is approximately what I thought, too. Ni han.

private joker
02-27-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

K, what was, in your opinion, worst movie ever & of that year. I need to put things in perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just discovered that GIGLI wasn't even the worst Ben Affleck movie of 2003. That honor goes to DAREDEVIL.

Other films in 2003 worse than GIGLI:

Dreamcatcher
Veronica Guerin
How to Lose a Guy In 10 Days
Bend It Like Beckham
Bad Boys II

Actually, the more I think about it, the more wretched and abysmal Bend It Like Beckham is, and the more I'd rather re-watch Gigli than that offensive diarrhea.

But Gigli still sucks.

Worst movie of all time? I think it's EVENT HORIZON. But I'm also partial to (or against) BAISE MOI, LITTLE NICKY, and DOGMA (another Affleck "masterpiece").

Freakin
02-27-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just discovered that GIGLI wasn't even the worst Ben Affleck movie of 2003. That honor goes to DAREDEVIL.

Other films in 2003 worse than GIGLI:

Dreamcatcher
Veronica Guerin
How to Lose a Guy In 10 Days
Bend It Like Beckham
Bad Boys II

Actually, the more I think about it, the more wretched and abysmal Bend It Like Beckham is, and the more I'd rather re-watch Gigli than that offensive diarrhea.

But Gigli still sucks.

Worst movie of all time? I think it's EVENT HORIZON. But I'm also partial to (or against) BAISE MOI, LITTLE NICKY, and DOGMA (another Affleck "masterpiece").

[/ QUOTE ]

Dreamcatcher was a horiffic film..... I think even Jason Lee was too good for that movie.

Dogma was bad, Jay & Silent Strike Back was much much worse. If Smith had stopped at Chasing Amy I would have been happy......

-Syk-
02-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Dogma was a good movie.

Sponger15SB
02-27-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's kind of like Wyomming. I guess somebody lives there, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Anybody here tonight from South Dakota?"
"I am!"
"Well there is nobody there now!"

bdk3clash
02-27-2005, 04:39 PM
I liked "Bend It Like Beckham." A lot.

private joker
02-27-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are dead to me.

(However, if the reason and only reason you liked it is that Keira Knightley was in short shorts the whole film, I can let you slide).

bugstud
02-27-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be Catholic

private joker
02-27-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You must be Catholic

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm a Jewish atheist. It was the incompetent direction, unfunny dialogue, and horrible acting that offended me, not the religion. And the film is VERY pro-Catholic and reverent, made by a true believer like Smith. So I didn't identify with that crap either.

pudley4
02-27-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was entertaining. A friend of mine from SF knows a lot of Indians and they said the whole Indian culture pictured throughout the movie is hysterically accurate.