PDA

View Full Version : One seat from the money survival strategy

TShaw
02-27-2005, 02:37 AM
In final four of SNG short stacked under 800 in chips, Player four under 400 in chips and disconnected. Is it correct to tighten up to folding almost everything, until #4 is blinded out, knowing that it almost insures ending in third. Or should you take the risk of playing marginal starting hands when other players are using the situation against you by raising you all in when left three way(third being #4)?

ZBTHorton
02-27-2005, 03:50 AM
If the third player is GOING to be blinded out...let him be blinded out.

But don't go folding rockets. =)

Scuba Chuck
02-27-2005, 04:03 AM
As usual, not enough information. Because of this, the answer is, "probably."

What is your position relative to the small stack? What are the current blinds? How is big stack behaving? Is there a super aggressive stack? Is the big stack in position to "protect" the disconnected stack?

Frankly, yes you need to tighten up, but be aware that you are not in that great of shape. Although shorty is disconnected, he can still win any time there's a showdown, and he's dealt two cards. I had a situation like this. The mistake I remember making was that I was "afraid" to attack the short stack, when there would be a showdown. Remember, you're pushing against "any two card." Keep that in mind if you're in that situation.