PDA

View Full Version : Home game hand

jason_t
02-27-2005, 01:16 AM
Six handed NL home game. The blinds are $.10/.25 and we each bought in for $10 with rebuys to the average stack size. I arrived about two hours after play began. One player has a stack of around $20. I have $15. Everyone else has about $10, except for my buddy who is on my left and is holding $30. He is by far the best player at the table, and we both have a good feel for each other's style and when we are in hands, I tend to have to think on many different levels. He can read my hands pretty well, and I can often read his. He loves to play suited connectors against a raise.

I have black 66 UTG and open for $1. My buddy in UTG+1 calls, it's folded to the BB who calls. So it is three players in a $3.10 pot to a flop of flop is 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. BB checks, I bet $1.50 and both my buddy and the BB call. On the turn, the pot is $7.60 and the turn card is 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I bet $2 and my buddy calls while the BB folds. The pot is now $11.60 and the river is the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I bet $3 and my buddy raises to $6. I fold.

I'm a limit player, fairly new to NL play; I'd appreciate critical comments throughout.

tbach24
02-27-2005, 01:25 AM
Hey Jason,

Limp this pre-flop. I see no point in raising this preflop, you'll maximize your value by limping and playing for set value against players who will draw and overplay their TPTK. Bet the turn harder. 1/4 pot is no way to charge for draws. 5 would have been good. Nice laydown on the river.

jason_t
02-27-2005, 01:38 AM
Hi. Thanks for replying.

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn harder. 1/4 pot is no way to charge for draws. 5 would have been good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say I had bet $5 and my buddy calls and the flush card hits on the river. How do I play the river?

tbach24
02-27-2005, 01:44 AM
It really depends. If your friend likes to get tricky, he may push the turn. But if he is to one to draw without pot odds (expecting implied odds) then you should check/fold the river. If he was making a play on you, then he's still -EV.

jason_t
02-27-2005, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice laydown on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

One last question, if you don't mind. You also read him for the flush draw here? I felt by the river, he had me on AQ and his raise on the river was saying "I can beat AQ." The only set I was ahead of is 55 and I thought he would have woken up sooner with that. He knows that I'm capable of making tough laydowns, but he can expect me to call too as I don't let him bully me around.

tbach24
02-27-2005, 02:00 AM
I thought about this, too. It depends on what level of thinking the two of you put each other on. Since you gave the odds to draw though, I think that he has it. I still might look him up, though. The reason is that often times people love outplaying eachother, especially when they know the other can make a big laydown. It's definetly tricky though.

jason_t
02-27-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought about this, too. It depends on what level of thinking the two of you put each other on. Since you gave the odds to draw though, I think that he has it. I still might look him up, though. The reason is that often times people love outplaying eachother, especially when they know the other can make a big laydown. It's definetly tricky though.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said he had 55 and MHWG. Thanks for the comments.