PDA

View Full Version : My first 100 BB downswing

Jake (The Snake)
02-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Ok, what should I do? I feel like I'm playing fine and that it's probably luck. How should I analayze my play, compare the downswing #s to before?

Do you guys do anything special to not think about it or anything else I should know?

For information sake, it is over 2750 hands at 2/4.

Danenania
02-27-2005, 12:57 AM
I have these a couple times a week. Come back in 200 bb's.

aflaba
02-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Just keep on playing.
I like to post hands and stuff when I'm on a downswing. If not for any other reason then at least to reinforce my belief that I'm playing fine.

jaxUp
02-27-2005, 01:16 AM
I like to just single table to avoid simultaneous confidence beat downs, while watching a movie and/or getting drunk

SmileyEH
02-27-2005, 01:18 AM
Yeah, intra session 75BB swings are pretty common.

-SmileyEH

jzpiano14
02-27-2005, 02:40 AM
I just got outta a 125 BB downswing, if your playing fine it will turn around give it time

Entity
02-27-2005, 02:45 AM
I had one today. Just take some time off, relax, and get back to playing when you feel like your game is back.

Rob

James282
02-27-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, what should I do? I feel like I'm playing fine and that it's probably luck. How should I analayze my play, compare the downswing #s to before?

Do you guys do anything special to not think about it or anything else I should know?

For information sake, it is over 2750 hands at 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like the scene from Goodfellas when Henry gets arrested for the first time. He thinks everyone is going to be mad at him, and leaves the courtroom all upset. Then all the gangsters cheer for him and give him a big group hug, because he handled it well - and it happens to everybody. Just move on, don't let it effect your game, and keep gangbanging buddy!
-James

Bellagibro
02-27-2005, 04:28 AM
Make sure your playing well and not pissing your money away. Downturns are a good time to improve your game.

Emmitt2222
02-27-2005, 05:24 AM
I feel like I have a problem because I have these so ridiculously often. I just had my first one at the 2/4 level though and boy the money did scare me a bit. Take a break, I feel overwhelmed sometimes. Review SSHE a bit to get some confidence back. Play fewer tables for awhile and think about each and every decision to make and why. Heard bison suggested talking out loud to yourself about every action you do and why, dont know where though, but I have done it and it really does help. Get to these now, you will see a lot worse if you play long enough. good luck.