PDA

View Full Version : I just did the coolest thing

jack spade23
02-27-2005, 12:27 AM
Nobody has to respond to this, I just had to say something to somebody other than the kid i did it too. DONT GET MAD CAUSE I POSTED ABOUT A POKER HAND HERE, ITS PART OF THE STORY. We were playing cards at somebody's house and it got down to 4 handed. It breaks down like this:
PREFLOP: Hero in button with 5 5. One player calls, hero raises, SB reraises BB folds, hero calls. FLOP: 9 5 2. SB BetS, I raise, SB calls. Turn: J. same betting. River 2 same betting. As he gets ready to turn over his cards, it just all adds up somehow in my head (the way this kid plays, what he did, etc) and I say " You overplayed A J." He looks at me all weird and flips over A J. Regardless of whether he actually did or not, I felt that was the coolest poker thing I have ever done. it was like it was out of a movie. Anyway, this just happened so i felt like I had to post it. Sorry.

pshreck
02-27-2005, 12:29 AM
Belongs in home poker.

istewart
02-27-2005, 12:29 AM
WTF ARE YOU DOING

Paluka
02-27-2005, 12:30 AM
This could easily win worst OOT post of 2005. I know its early, but I really think this is a contender.

Soul Daddy
02-27-2005, 12:30 AM
meh

pshreck
02-27-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This could easily win worst OOT post of 2005. I know its early, but I really think this is a contender.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna tell them that just about every poker player accurately calls out hands occasionally, but then I saw that hes been registered for 6 months, and was wondering why he didnt already know this.

nothumb
02-27-2005, 12:33 AM
I announced a bad player's hand before he bet, mucked top set on a three-flush board and pushed him a 30 BB pot in a home game the other day.

Can I have a cookie?

NT

tbach24
02-27-2005, 12:42 AM
AWESOME.

But seriously, I do this at times and have no idea why.

One omaha hand we played, I was barely even paying attention and I announced all 3 people's hands. ESP?

pshreck
02-27-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
AWESOME.

But seriously, I do this at times and have no idea why.

One omaha hand we played, I was barely even paying attention and I announced all 3 people's hands. ESP?

[/ QUOTE ]

So that was you in Rounders.

Eurotrash
02-27-2005, 01:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/theglenlivet/thumbsdown.jpg

rusellmj
02-27-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/theglenlivet/thumbsdown.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Russ

peachy
02-27-2005, 01:22 AM
joaquin phoenix has this unique look to him that makes him SUPER HOT!! i just cant figure out what it is

Slacker13
02-27-2005, 01:23 AM
Kewl, maybe now you can get that carnival job guessing peoples weight.

Reef
02-27-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I announced a bad player's hand before he bet, mucked top set on a three-flush board and pushed him a 30 BB pot in a home game the other day.

Can I have a cookie?

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

you didn't draw to the house??

ThaSaltCracka
02-27-2005, 02:05 AM
this is easily the most uninteresting thing I have read on 2+2.

astroglide
02-27-2005, 03:44 AM
that's an awesome pic response eurotrash

Ulysses
02-27-2005, 06:42 AM
That's pretty sweet. One time, I saw this guy look at his hand and then I went all-in without looking at my hand. I didn't know what I had, but I knew he had a bad hand and would fold. It was pretty awesome. He even asked me if I had looked at my hand, and I told him I didn't need to because I knew he couldn't call my raise.

ilya
02-27-2005, 06:46 AM
cool man, that's a good feeling. don't let the haters get to you, they're just jealous.

ilya
02-27-2005, 06:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
joaquin phoenix has this unique look to him that makes him SUPER HOT!! i just cant figure out what it is

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it the cleft lip? It makes his mouth look really imperious and scornful, I guess that could be hot.

IronDragon1
02-27-2005, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's pretty sweet. One time, I saw this guy look at his hand and then I went all-in without looking at my hand. I didn't know what I had, but I knew he had a bad hand and would fold. It was pretty awesome. He even asked me if I had looked at my hand, and I told him I didn't need to because I knew he couldn't call my raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's how you get out of the kiddie pool!

Blackjack
02-27-2005, 07:00 AM
YOU THE MAN NOW DOG

daryn
02-27-2005, 07:22 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
YOU THE MAN NOW DOG

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.yourethemannowdog.com/

AngryCola
02-27-2005, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
YOU THE MAN NOW DOG

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great.

How did you stumble across that one?

goofball
02-27-2005, 07:24 AM
kinda like jennifer connely

daryn
02-27-2005, 07:30 AM
YOU THE MAN NOW DOG

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great.

How did you stumble across that one?

[/ QUOTE ]

i forget but i love it.

quix0tic
02-27-2005, 09:57 AM
I'll see your failing marriage, and raise you a lesbian daughter.

Ok so I'm playing 20/40 limit live and this pretty hot woman is sitting to my left reading some 2nd rate poker book (2nd rate defined as one I haven't read) and going over the hand chart within it (another reason its second rate). I sort of flirt/strategy talk with her for a while, she is some well-off chick who wants to be good at playing and is inexperienced but tight. I've been whispering out some people's hands to her fairly accurately and she is uber impressed. Most are suggested giving the action, but still, she is new and I'm not. So the hand before I leave, she 3bets preflop from sb and bets out an A 8 4 monotone board. Her bet felt a little forced but hopeful that it was the best hand. I have it down to JJ QQ KK. She takes the pot down and someone says something about having a king in their hand. I think for about 30 seconds into the next hand and then say "queen queen" out loud while staring her in the eyes. She looks at me with shock, her mouth drops as I rack my chips to go. "holy [censored] I'm that transparent to you..." She confirms she had ladies and offers her body in sacrifice to my esp. One of my most fullfilling reads.

jack spade23
02-27-2005, 10:11 AM
Ummmmmmmmm it still seems cool, but i realized that in my haste i made an awful post. Somehow, this morning I awake and realize I probably should have just though it was cool and kept it to myslef. I would be happy, no, honored to accept worst post of OOT. (And by the way, i know that people make reads sometimes, but I had never publicly told someone what I thought they had and been completely right.)

AlienCorpse
02-27-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll see your failing marriage, and raise you a lesbian daughter.

Ok so I'm playing 20/40 limit live and this pretty hot woman is sitting to my left reading some 2nd rate poker book (2nd rate defined as one I haven't read) and going over the hand chart within it (another reason its second rate). I sort of flirt/strategy talk with her for a while, she is some well-off chick who wants to be good at playing and is inexperienced but tight. I've been whispering out some people's hands to her fairly accurately and she is uber impressed. Most are suggested giving the action, but still, she is new and I'm not. So the hand before I leave, she 3bets preflop from sb and bets out an A 8 4 monotone board. Her bet felt a little forced but hopeful that it was the best hand. I have it down to JJ QQ KK. She takes the pot down and someone says something about having a king in their hand. I think for about 30 seconds into the next hand and then say "queen queen" out loud while staring her in the eyes. She looks at me with shock, her mouth drops as I rack my chips to go. "holy [censored] I'm that transparent to you..." She confirms she had ladies and offers her body in sacrifice to my esp. One of my most fullfilling reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Continue...

Chobohoya
02-27-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
She confirms she had ladies and offers her body in sacrifice to my esp. One of my most fullfilling reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the worst possible ending to this story. Do you see why?

astroglide
02-27-2005, 03:15 PM
ytmnd.com used to have an insane library of them, it had a tool to upload an image, text, and music and you could make your own and store them

quix0tic
02-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Are you satirizing sklansky? If so, those posts always get me. If not, no I don't see why. I left it at the point in the story where it still had some relevance to poker... considering this is a public poker forum, seems appropriate to leave it there.

MarkL444
02-27-2005, 09:26 PM
im not hatin on you for making a bad post, but putting someone on a hand and being right is pretty common.

nothumb
02-28-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you didn't draw to the house??

[/ QUOTE ]

This was on the rivah. Board was 235J6 with 3 spades. It was a super easy muck. The only hard part was guessing if he had a flush or a straight, since he almost crapped his pants when the six came off.

NT

jakethebake
02-28-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
DONT GET MAD CAUSE I POSTED ABOUT A POKER HAND HERE, ITS PART OF THE STORY.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't post in the wrong forum, jackass....and the story? Meh.

pokerjo22
02-28-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you satirizing sklansky?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's wierd - I thought you were satirizing sklansky...