PDA

View Full Version : Dragging a pot with nothing, with a subtitle of ...

SoCalPat
02-26-2005, 11:49 PM
... of how important knowing your opponents is. Middling content, just a good story, if anything.

Villian here has been taking a beating at the hands of yours truly, and when he loses, he goes high-on-crack-crazy tilt. Like all-in PF for several hands in a row. My first hand with him was at a 5-handed table when I open raised UTG with JJ and he went all-in on the button. He had 88 and I doubled up.

About a half-dozen hands later, he limps UTG and I do so likewise from the button with QJo. Flop comes up 89T, and he C/R's me with the ass-end of the straight (my apologies to all you Tilt haters) and I bust him.

I'm two-tabling with him, and this hand comes up:

(First, I swear on my mother's life I accidentally hit the call button by mistake. At Paradise, you can be moving your mouse to the call window, but then another window can pop up in a split second and before you realize what you've done, you've made the right play at the wrong table. Also, Paradise's $10 chips are roughly the same color as the .50 ones -- adding to my problem. But one thing I've realized is this -- I'll almost follow up an accident like this with a show of aggression. Far more often than not, I'll get my opponent to fold.)

.25/.50 blinds at Paradise, 9-handed.

Seat 1: HC ($30.75 in chips)
Seat 2: Shan ($71.00 in chips)
Seat 3: ava ($59.75 in chips)
Seat 4: Dr ($87.50 in chips)
Seat 5: gk ($11.00 in chips)
Seat 6: SoCalPat ($54.75 in chips)
Seat 7: Bic ($48.00 in chips)
Seat 9: jch ($158.00 in chips)
gk: Post Small Blind ($0.25)
SoCalPat: Post Big Blind ($0.50)
Dealing...
Dealt to SoCalPat 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Bic: Fold
jch: Call ($0.50)
HC: Call ($0.50)
Sh: Call ($0.50)
ava: Raise ($10)
Dr.: Fold
gk: Fold
SoCalPat: Call ($9.50)

Interesting conversation ensues ...

jch said, "hell i dont no what to do"
Bic said, "fold"
HC said, "LOL"
ava said, "all in"
HC said, "I have 33"
jch said, "have a pair"
HC said, "I 'm folding"

Everyone but the PF raiser folds. Thank freakin' God, otherwise, I can't carry out my plan. Doing so multiway is suicidal.

If the flop nicked Villian, or he had anything worthy PF, he'll call anything or come over the top of me. But he knows that when I bet, I've got the goods. And the perfect flop comes for me to represent such a hand:

*** FLOP *** : T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

More conversation:
jch said, "dammit"
Bic said, "AT?"
HC said, "damn"
HC said, "I had 333"

I can live with accidentally calling the $10. To get it back, I'll wager the same amount. Villian folds. I show the cards, and the tilt madness begins.

The funny thing is, those who folded were good players. I figured (after the fact) that there was no way they couldn't be on to this guy, but they weren't. At the same time, my overcall scared the [censored] out of jch. He mucked QQ, or so he said.

I really wish I knew what I moved the Villian off of.

Even funnier was that Villian got moved off on a bluff even more outrageous than mine: With position heads-up, Villian folds the river to an all-in bet with a four-heart board. Opponent flashes 96o ... no heart, no pair, nothing.

After that Villian was pushing PF with anything, and you know what they say about all-in moves PF ... they all work except for your last one. He lasted a little more than an orbit.