PDA

View Full Version : percentage of flops seen

evergreendave
02-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Most sites let you pull up statistics while playing. I am trying to understand what would be an acceptable number of flops seen in the various positions (BB, SB, other positions and Total). It is my understanding that most solid players in NL Hold-em would have a number for total flops seen at somewhere around 15%. Is this accurate. Can anyone elaborate a bit?

I understand that the number of flops seen may reflect the style of the game and the players (loose, tight, aggresive, passive) but I'm still working on obtaining more clarity on this concept.

Thank you,
evergreendave

That guy
02-27-2005, 02:59 AM
I think 15-20% is a good range to stay... over many sessions... any 1 or 2 sessions higher or lower.

see this thread for a few comments:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1763631&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1

TStoneMBD
02-27-2005, 12:17 PM
23% is the norm for limit.

for nolimit things get trickier. everything is dependant upon table context and stack sizes. if for instance, you are a shortstack with 5 big blinds, your selection of hands drops considerably than if you were a stack size of 1million big blinds. this is a rough estimation, and is no way a mathematical analysis of mine, so take it for what it is; i would say that at a table where the avg stack is 50bbs, a good flop seen % would be 20. at a table where the avg stack is 300bbs, i would say a good flop % is around 27.