PDA

View Full Version : Comcast sucks

tek
02-26-2005, 10:34 PM
A few months ago I switch my phone service over to them (I already had cable tv and internet with them) to get their Take 3 package to save a few bucks a month and have one vendor to deal with for all three items.

Get the internet/cable tv bill today (phone is billed seperately) and it's 150% times last month! I call them and she says "Yeah, we had a little price increase..."

Little my /images/graemlins/blush.gif

That's it. I'm as mad as the guy in Office Space who burned the building down. I'm cancelling the land line. Who needs a land line anymore when I'm paying for a cell phone too /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'll keep their internet and cable tv until I can find a cheaper internet service.

bholdr
02-26-2005, 10:51 PM
I aggree that comcast is a bastard monopoly BS company. but i need their cable to play poker, dammit. they have me by the balls, and they know it.

however, every time their service goes down for repairs, etc, i make a point to call up and bitch them out for a while, and the usually end up knocking a twentyspot off my bill... i do this like once every two months.

I have a freind that called them and threatened to cancel his service, he said: my freind got a discount offer from you guys, like 29$/mo for six months! why am i paying 50$/month?! I'm getting DSL!"

they said "we value your patronage, and we'd be happy to offer you a discount to keep your bussiness"

didn't work for me, but it may be worth a shot.

just some ideas.

tek
02-27-2005, 08:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a friend that called them and threatened to cancel his service, he said: my freind got a discount offer from you guys, like $29/mo for six months! why am I paying $50/month?!"

They said "we value your patronage, and we'd be happy to offer you a discount to keep your bussines".

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try that (after I cancel the phone). All they can do is say no.

Fortunately, there are other cable providers in Minneapolis and tons of ISP's...

WC64
02-27-2005, 12:51 PM
I aboslutely hate Comcast as well. I have had so many damn problems with them its ridiculous and I dont even care if I spelled that right lol.

I know it sounds dumb but the next time I move I making it required that it is out of Comcast's area.

jstnrgrs
02-27-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know it sounds dumb but the next time I move I making it required that it is out of Comcast's area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to let you know, Charter isnn't any better.

I use Dish network for my TV. I'm very happy with them.

WC64
02-27-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to let you know, Charter isnn't any better.

I use Dish network for my TV. I'm very happy with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brighthouse is the only other one around here for cable. Its what my parents have and they haven't had any problems with them yet anyway lol.