PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Stories

lastchance
02-26-2005, 10:28 PM
You guys have any good ones?

peachy
02-27-2005, 12:05 AM
yes...and nothing scares me in this world but ghosts...i can watch any movie see any horrible awful thing...and notta...but if i hear about ghosts or see a decent "ghost" movie, which theres almost not any, i get the hibbe jibbies for days and soemtimes weeks. Im from the South...so we grew up with all kinds of awful, evil, scary stories ::shivers:: now im gonna be thinkin about it!!! If i get some time ill type some up...but itll be in my short hand that everyone hates!!

The weirdest thing is though...one of the main things that freaks me out r mass disappearences of people - well they dont really "freak me out" they intrigue me, like the Roanoke disappearence or civilazations gone over night....spoooookkyyy in thier own way too!

I hate wondering whats out there and what it is /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

bholdr
02-27-2005, 01:28 AM
Last winter at the alpental ski area in washington state, a ski mountaineer got lost while hiking in the backcountry. He wandered for three days, trying to find his way back to civilation, but was unfourtunatly headed in the dead wrong direction. luckily, alpental has a dedicated, world class ski patrol, which eventually tracked him down.

When he became lucid enough to converse with his rescuers, he mentioned that after he had been wandering for a day and a half, he noticed that he was being followed by what appeared to be a native wrapped in furs. the indian would catch up with him as he slumped in the snow and whisper to him, telling him to give up, that he was a dead man, that he should not have come there.

I chuckled at my freinds on the patrol who had finally found him when they told me this, as i don't believe in ghosts, or other such nonsense.

Then they told me three things that really creeped me out:

a: other lost skiers have reported he same experience (ok no big deal, hypothermia=halucinations)

b: (and this was disturbing) his path crossed ancient native american sacred ground...

and, (this gave me the willies big time)

c: when they were tracking him, at some times and not others, there were two sets of tracks, one ski boots, the other obviously a human track with padded soles.

I never go back there alone, and i carry good maps and survival equiptment, and know the area like the back of my hand, but,

I'm gonna be extra careful from now on.

BTW, both his feet and four fingers had to be amputated due to frostbite.

peachy
02-27-2005, 01:40 AM
see!!! thx...now im not gonna sleep well!!! and this is so weird cause nothing else gets to me DAMN U!!! /images/graemlins/frown.gif but i still cant resist reading them or hearing them.

I dont read books hardly ever and a few months back i bought a southern ghost stories book...havent read it yet...but i wanna so bad!!

actually ill do that right now hehe while i play /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
ill post one if i come across a good one!! Oh and theres one that happened to my mom that ill post later...and a few wack things that have happened to me before and then weird things that happened to me when i told people about them ::sobs:: now i feel like "they" r watchin me post this and im gonna get it!!

thats sad about his feet and fingers /images/graemlins/frown.gif but at least he survived....
i had something similar happen when i got lost out in the national forest here...ive never been so scared in my whole life...i was a days "ride" out (so multiple days walk) and i had an accident and my horse took off...i started to see things but i kept tellin mahself i was just dellusional or i was gonna go outta mah mind with fright...and there is a ton of indian burial grounds and sacrid lands etc around here

Matty
02-27-2005, 07:43 AM
Something threw me out of water after I fell through the ice while ice-skating when I was 9. 4 people witnessed this. There was no climbing- it just looked like I jumped out of the water. Felt like something threw me.

I have a few more stories, but they could be amazing coincidences, awesome pranks, or just weird electrical occurences. But that ice thing ... I just don't know how anyone can explain that one.