PDA

View Full Version : party 5/10 river bluff?

jfresh
02-26-2005, 07:22 PM
opponent is a bit laggy preflop and postflop. didn't have that many hands with him
(stats are 61/25 but again not many hands)

not sure if this would push him off a better hand, or it was just a value bet, possibly

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...

RunDownHouse
02-26-2005, 07:34 PM
I don't like it at all. I think you'll get raised a fair amount of the time when you are way, way behind, and flat called when you are just plain behind. I don't think you'll often get called by a worse hand or fold out a better hand.

TylerD
02-26-2005, 07:39 PM
I think that's a terrible bet, I think there's a good chance you were behind all the way through the hand and a better chance that the ace/flush hit him. There are a few hands he'd call you with that you'd beat but many more that would raise you.

ALL1N
02-26-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
push him off a better hand, or it was just a value bet, possibly

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, he's certainly not folding KK-JJ, let alone a pair.

I'd have played it a bit stronger: CR turn, most likely. Otherwise just check/call river.