PDA

View Full Version : UK Players withdrawing from Eurobet

1800GAMBLER
02-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Hey.

My Eurobet account is in USD (as is neteller) since i always planned to deposit and withdraw by neteller so i save that way but since i've heard lots of good things about the exchange rate given by party and empire when withdrawing to debit cards.

My current withdraw method is neteller check, which means i eat $2 in neteller fees, then about 6pound in fees for lloyds tsb to cash a USD. Then i get whatever exchange rate lloyds tsb decides on. Any better method? Any idea what the exchange rate given by lloyds tsb is usually like? Any idea about the exchange rate given by eurobet?

Thanks.

ukpokerplayer
04-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Hi, I was in a similar situation and as also losing quite a bit with fee's via neteller, my bank etc. However neteller now gives you a cheque in your home country. So cheques will now be received in £ sterling. You will be charged $2 fee for the cheque, and also a % conversion fee. This fee however is at most 1.9%.

For example my last withdrawal was for $2000, and after all fee's the cheque was £1041.96. A conversion with no fee's at all at the time of this withdrawal would have been £1065.42, so I lost just over £20 with this transaction. This however is substantially less than any other method I have used.

Hope this helps,

byronkincaid
04-07-2005, 12:51 PM
I just use my debit card. Money back in my bank account in 2 days, good exchange rate, no fees from the bank. I can't understand why anyone would do anything else.

spydog
04-07-2005, 12:59 PM
I am an American living in Ireland. In addition to the Euro account I opened in Ireland, I was also able to open a US Dollar account with the same bank (Permananet TSB). Maybe your British bank will allow you to open a US Dollar account and then you can withdraw your poker money to that account and get a favorable exchange rate with your bank when you want to convert that money to Sterling (especially if you are converting a lot of money).

ukpokerplayer
04-07-2005, 05:31 PM
How do you withdraw to your debit card? Via a party skin?
This way you seem to lose close to 3% rather than 1-2% with neteller cheques.

byronkincaid
04-07-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you withdraw to your debit card? Via a party skin?
This way you seem to lose close to 3% rather than 1-2% with neteller cheques.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have accounts at Party and 3 skins, I deposit and withdraw money using my debit card on all the accounts. Why do I lose 3%?

ukpokerplayer
04-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Party or the bank charges you for the conversion rate. I have tested it several times and I lose at least 3% per transaction. Are you saying if you deposit £x, get $y in your account, when you withdraw $y, you get £x back in your bank account again?

byronkincaid
04-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Yes, today I deposited $600 to get the empire bonus which was £319.02 and when I cashed it out a few hours later it was the same £319.02.

ukpokerplayer
04-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Interesting, I have done the same about 4-5 times, each time I have lost 3%. Maybe this is due to my bank charging me. Can I ask what bank you are with and what type of card you withdraw to?

Guy McSucker
04-08-2005, 04:22 AM
Hey Jay,

eurobet --> neteller --> party --> withdraw to switch/solo card.

Withdrawal to switch takes about two days to hit your account, attracts no fees, and usually gives a pretty good exchange rate too.

Guy.

stigmata
04-08-2005, 06:07 AM
Why is Party better than Eurobet? I thought that as a skin it would operate in the same way.

Guy McSucker
04-08-2005, 05:48 PM
I have not been able to buy in to Eurobet with my Switch card, no idea why, but the upshot is I can't cash out to it. I can cash out to it from Party so that's what I do.

Party is the only skin I know of that lets you cash out to cards you haven't bought in from. Obviously they do not feat money-laundering accusations...

Maybe you can fill me in on how the exchange rates are handled by Eurobet when you have an account held in US $$$ with them and want to cash out to a Sterling card. I cashed out to my credit card one time and lost a huge amount on the deal; maybe 7%.

Guy.

1800GAMBLER
04-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Yea. This is my plan as of now.

I cashed out $10k from eurobet getting 5kpounds (effing american keyboard), at the same time cashed out from empire getting 5300pound.

So when i come to cash out i'll go eurobet -> neteller -> empire (8 table for a hour) -> debit card.

So whatever i lose in rake back i'll make up for in exchange rate, while keeping empire somewhat happy.

Anyone ever done this without playing at all on empire? How long untill they block it?