PDA

View Full Version : 98o

bernie
02-26-2005, 06:57 PM
UB 2-4 little aggressive. Usually no street goes without a bet. Pretty good read of the players during this session.

UTG, UTG1, CO all limp. I complete with 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, BB raps. 5 to the flop.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, BB bets, fold, UTG1 calls, Co folds, I call (Not happy about how I played the flop, looking back. should've raised here. More callers would've been better to wait. Even betting out would've been good.)

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, BB bets, UTG1 calls, I fold.

River: T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, UTG calls.

b

jgorham
02-26-2005, 07:14 PM
This is a situation where I would lead on the flop, as there is a good chance someone with a strong draw will put in a raise somewhere and I can 3bet them.

With the way you played it, I still don't think you can fold on the turn, despite the small size of the pot. BB could easily be betting a J, Q or heart flush draw here, or perhaps something even worse. I think I call down.

bernie
02-26-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a situation where I would lead on the flop, as there is a good chance someone with a strong draw will put in a raise somewhere and I can 3bet them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I blew the flop. However, with more players in, I'd be inclined to check the flop given the texture of this table. I'd have waited and c/r'd the turn on a safer card.

[ QUOTE ]
BB could easily be betting a J, Q or heart flush draw here, or perhaps something even worse. I think I call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

The BB wasn't really who I was worried about. In this game, the UTGs would more likely limp there with big cards rather than suited cards. However, the BB betting, I knew they had a piece of this flop somehow.

For some reason, I just knew I was beat on the turn. At least one of them caught that turn card. I didn't have the odds to call to spike the 4 outer.

However, calling down is valid given the action.

b

xxxxx
02-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Is this worth completing? What's your threshold for completing with unsooted cards?

sean c
02-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Did you think about leading the flop? Being on the immediate right of the bettor its gonna be real tough to protect your hand (you could build one heck of a pot though). If you had led the flop BB might raise and protect it for you. That the turn card just plain sucks /images/graemlins/mad.gif

sean c
02-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Thinking some on this the flop check might be the way to go. You check BB bets calls around. if you get a turn blank you can lead the turn and hope BB raises hopefully getting gutshots two fold to two cold on the turn. Another way you check a late position player bets calls around. A turn blank that checks to late position bettor who bets then you check raise. This is assuming we had more players in the pot. I guess what I'm saying is a flop check would allow you to see where a bet is going to come from and you can play accordingly on the turn.

bernie
02-27-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thinking some on this the flop check might be the way to go. You check BB bets calls around. if you get a turn blank you can lead the turn and hope BB raises hopefully getting gutshots two fold to two cold on the turn. Another way you check a late position player bets calls around. A turn blank that checks to late position bettor who bets then you check raise. This is assuming we had more players in the pot. I guess what I'm saying is a flop check would allow you to see where a bet is going to come from and you can play accordingly on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

This was along the lines that I was thinking at the time. Looking back, I don't like it. If an LP bet, I would raise, however. It's less likely an LP will bet 2 rounds than an EP or MP into a field. The LP could much more easily check the turn through.

I'd agree with the above quote if there were more people in the pot and/or the pot was larger. I misplayed the flop.

b

sean c
02-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Your right Bernie if an LP bet and the turn checked through with you planning a C/R that would suck(and be very possible on such a draw heavy board). I really don't see anyway your not betting the turn if a blank hits.The same can be said for the flop no reason to give anyone a free card.