PDA

View Full Version : More Canseco

ClaytonN
02-26-2005, 06:38 PM
Okay, so as I'm taking a shower coming back from getting a haircut, my radio happens to be on Hannity and I'm too lazy to change it.

Hannity's talking with Canseco about the allegations that all the players and coaches have made against Canseco (including McGwire, LaRussa, Giambi, etc etc).

Canseco replies by saying that the players and coaches are gonna look awfully dumb really soon, because in time he'll reveal proof that his allegations are, in fact, true.

Now, this may seem retarded to some, but Canseco was talking about releasing a tell-all book maybe a year ago on Behind the Lines and they laughed at him them.

If he does in fact have proof and it's true, I've gotta believe this really does hurt baseball. Not to an extent that the 94 strike caused, but if a lot of your heroes in a sport are cheaters, how can you approach that with a forgiving mentality?

istewart
02-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Pullin' a Keyser Soze.

rusellmj
02-26-2005, 06:54 PM
As he said in an interview I watched the other night ( I think Fox News) if what he has written is false, then there will be a line of players and coaches with their lawyers. We'll see if such a line forms.

Russ

DesertCat
02-26-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As he said in an interview I watched the other night ( I think Fox News) if what he has written is false, then there will be a line of players and coaches with their lawyers. We'll see if such a line forms.

Russ

[/ QUOTE ]

Libel claims are really difficult to win in court. Even if what he wrote was false (and some has already been shown to be false), he is unlikely to be sued successfully.