PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 - 77 HU on the flop OOP

btspider
02-26-2005, 06:09 PM
CO seems like a solid 14/7 TAG after 30 hands. No hands from him have stood out yet.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

8 handed, last hand at a table which was tightening up. This seemed reasonable at the time.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ????

What's my line? Do I have enough hand to fight for this one?

check-call, bet-fold turn?
check-raise (?? to a 3-bet) and bet-fold turn?

einbert
02-26-2005, 06:21 PM
I think you have enough hand to stick around and fight. Unfortunately most tight players' 3-betting standards in the 3/6 are AKo, AKs and QQ-AA (plus maybe JJ, TT but not usually) so you really have to be up against AK to have the best hand. Now another problem from their weak-tightness is that if you check/raise the flop and they have QQ, they might just go into calldown mode putting you on JJ or KK-AA. With JJ, KK or AA they are most likely 3-betting (or smoothcalling and raising the turn which costs you 2BB ugh) and they will almost never 3-bet this flop with a hand you can beat (AhKh is the only one and some passive players will just call a C/R with that on this flop). You have to choose between a bunch of bad options here but I think you should check/raise and fold to a 3-bet, with the intention of bet/folding the turn if called and check/calling the river UI if called on the turn.

Now maybe you CAN bet this flop and fold to a raise, in fact I'm beginning to think that's the right line. When they raise you yes they could have AK, but I think it's very likely that you're behind, to the point where you can safely fold.

Against a very aggressive player who will bet every street for you, c/c c/c c/c seems good since you are only a 3-2 dog against the range of 3-bet hands I think they have. But a lot of tags will check behind on either the turn or river with AK so you give them a free card, plus you give up a whole 2.5BB when drawing dead or almost dead to AA-JJ, so I don't think this line is best.

Tough hand. I'm going to go with b/f b/f c/c, with c/r b/f c/c being a close second. Turn and river depend on the cards that come out too, if an A comes I'm check/folding except for the river.

I'm interested to see how you played this one.

jgorham
02-26-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

check-call, bet-fold turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly think that is the best line here. You know he will bet if you check to him, so call that bet. On the turn I bet any non-face card and fold to a raise.

btspider
02-26-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested to see how you played this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh oh, i think i may disappoint, which is why i'm posting it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

here's more of the hand. flop comments would still be appreciated.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

with the backdoor straight, do i want to check-raise and possibly pay 3 to see the turn? what good is gaining information if i couldn't lay down on the turn if i pick up a straight draw to go with my two 7 outs? i decided to check-call and reevaluate.

Turn: (4.66 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ????

Interesting card indeed. AQ passes me and AK picked up a gutshot. Is my plan still bet-fold, or could AK semi-bluff raise me?

mr pink
02-26-2005, 09:58 PM
check/call the flop. and check/raise any undercard on the turn would be my line.

edit - that might be pretty bad...