PDA

View Full Version : set of tens - huge pot - play goot???

mr pink
02-26-2005, 04:52 PM
bodog 3/6

dealt T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif in utg+1

bunch of loose passives,
CO is a TAG

utg folds, i raise, utg+2 calls, 2 folds, hi-jack calls, CO 3-bets, button folds, blinds drop out, i call, as does everyone else.

just called here cause i'm in good position to check/raise a nice flop to the pf 3-bettor

flop: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 players - 13.5 small bets

hero bets, 2 calls, CO raises, hero 3-bets, 2 calls, CO caps, we all call.

3-bet cause i wanted to get the most out of the flop callers while i could and wanted to see if the TAG wanted to cap...

turn: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 players - 14.5 big bets

hero checks, check, check, CO bets, hero raises, limpers both call 2 cold, CO calls.

pretty clear some guys are drawing out there, i figure this line charges them the most if they want to call while i'm ahead, also if the CO 3-bets here i'd put him on AA and save some bets on the river

river: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 players - 23 big bets

hero bets, 2 folds, CO calls.

what you guys think?

pokerkai
02-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Id lead the turn

butters
02-26-2005, 05:12 PM
yep, you'd feel like a douche if it got checked through. bet and hope to three-bet.

mr pink
02-26-2005, 05:14 PM
against a TAG that 3-bet preflop and then capped the flop, i think he's betting a turn blank close to always

butters
02-26-2005, 05:18 PM
i still like betting out. you've got two other players between you and CO. bet, call, call, raise, three-bet is how i'd hope it would go. and plenty of players would cap that flop with a flush draw and check the turn through.

einbert
02-26-2005, 05:19 PM
I like the turn checkraise since you know he's aggressive. It really protects your hand well. There are a lot of hands CO will just call this turn with but not a lot he will check behind with unless he was pumping some draw on the flop (possible if he's smart).

I think you played this hand very well.

Argus
02-26-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yep, you'd feel like a douche if it got checked through. bet and hope to three-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Certainly bet out. With four people in, and two of them seeming to be trapped CO could be pumping a heart draw or even think his top pair+backdoor is worth capping. In cases when he's going for a free card you want to bet out, and in cases where he would bet when checked to chances are he'll raise when bet into. Also, betting out makes it more likely that the two folks in the middle stay in rather than calling two cold from a check/raise.

partygirluk
02-26-2005, 05:21 PM
I think you played this perfectly. Sure, it would be nice to trap the drawers for one bet, and then 3 bet a raise, but if you get raised on the turn here, there is a good chance you are behind, but you still might have to cap on this draw heavy board.

Argus
02-26-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the turn checkraise since you know he's aggressive. It really protects your hand well.

[/ QUOTE ]
The only thing you're protecting your hand against is a gutshot straight, and even then the first caller is getting 8.5:1 or so and may stay in hoping to make up the 3 bets on the river if he hits. I think it's better to bet out and hope to get the field for three. No draw is folding this turn so get as many bets in while you are ahead most of the time.

mr pink
02-26-2005, 05:25 PM
there are some hands that i want to fold, or at least make it incorrect for them to call. the pot is large enough on the turn that anyone with even a gutshot is correct to call if i bet out. also the flop capper is less likely to raise if i bet out into him again on the turn. check/raising him makes the gutshots and flushdraws pay through the nose if they choose to call where as just betting out does not.

einbert
02-26-2005, 05:27 PM
You get 2BB out of any FD rather than 1, and if a gutshot calls you they are giving you money so it's GOOD for you. Protecting your hand isn't just about making people fold, it's also about charging people the max when they are drawing to beat you.

partygirluk
02-26-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the turn checkraise since you know he's aggressive. It really protects your hand well.

[/ QUOTE ]
The only thing you're protecting your hand against is a gutshot straight, and even then the first caller is getting 8.5:1 or so and may stay in hoping to make up the 3 bets on the river if he hits. I think it's better to bet out and hope to get the field for three. No draw is folding this turn so get as many bets in while you are ahead most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and if the flush draw hits you lose 1BB more, if it misses you gain 1BB, and as it will usually miss, you have yourself a nice value checkraise.