View Full Version : Posted Q5o in the CO

ClaytonN
02-26-2005, 04:45 PM
PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

_____

If he calls the turn I shut down on the river, figuring him for 99-QQ.

Entity
02-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Why did you call preflop?

Rob

ClaytonN
02-26-2005, 04:58 PM
1) I had position and already invested a BB
2) Possible dead money from blinds since the table is running tight-passive since I came in.
3) I play better postflop than this guy does

wuwei
02-26-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you call preflop?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, what he said.

Is this a play based on NPA's article about loosening up when you post in the CO? If so, this a poor time to do it. Your hand sucks and has ugly reverse implied odds. You're not going to flop a big draw, and the pot won't necessarily be multiway.

ClaytonN
02-26-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a play based on NPA's article about loosening up when you post in the CO? If so, this a poor time to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was getting at. Thanks.

What's the worst possible hand I could be calling from the CO here from? I loosened up with Q5o because I felt the blinds would fold and the raiser is weakish postflop

wuwei
02-26-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) I had position and already invested a BB
2) Possible dead money from blinds since the table is running tight-passive since I came in.
3) I play better postflop than this guy does

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed you were new to the table after posting in the CO. If you knew what kind of preflop and postflop player you were against and how the table is running, that changes things somewhat... but I'm still going to fold.

ClaytonN
02-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Do you happen to know where NPA's article is? I can't find it.

And yes, I had seen this player play. He gets run over by other players unless he flops top pair, at which point he raises. He always calls any flop bet if he has an ace, and in most cases the turn.

wuwei
02-26-2005, 05:08 PM
It's in the internet magazine (link on your left up top). Looks like he has a new installment out in the March magazine, which is already up.

wuwei
02-26-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the worst possible hand I could be calling from the CO here from? I loosened up with Q5o because I felt the blinds would fold and the raiser is weakish postflop

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I have a good answer for that, but here's something to think about. If he's weak tight postflop, your implied odds are lower than they would be if he were loose aggressive. I would loosen up more against a LAG, because he's raising a wider range of hands preflop and postflop I'm more likely to make up a lot of bets if I flop big.