PDA

View Full Version : Greetings,players! A big live flush draw....

Sitting Bull
09-12-2002, 08:15 PM
on 4th by Sitting Bull!
It's 3-way action when the Bull bets 3/5BB's in this 1-5 no ante game.
Player2 calls and player3 raises 1BB.
Let's assume the following statement(s) are correct:
Bull is the favorite on 4th against player2.
Player3 has split A's on 4th.

What should Sitting Bull do on 4th??
Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull

CJC
09-13-2002, 12:14 AM
Hello Larry,

Were you high on board with a suited Ace, or were you checkraised?

Anywhoo...

If my calculations are correct, even with the raise..you are (immediately) getting sufficient odds to draw so you can take off a card.

Things are even better if the other player stays in.

On the later streets,if you add a pair to your draw..you might get creative and re-pound the Aces /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Always remember...if you have a four-flush on 4th..you have a powerful hand..and it doesn't take much to justify calling a raise with it.

CJ

Sitting Bull
09-13-2002, 03:18 AM
A,K showing!
I decided to jam this speculative hand by capping it on both 4th and 5th! Please comment about this move.
Sitting Bull

CJC
09-13-2002, 05:39 AM
Larry,

If the 3rd person was still in the hand..ramming and jamming isn't that bad of a move as you are getting 2 bets for each 1 of yours on a 1.25-1 shot against. The only thing that bothers me about this is the fact that you know you against another pair of Aces,taking away overcard value from a big flush draw.

CJ

patrick dicaprio
09-13-2002, 08:51 AM
as long as your hand is live there is nothing wrong with this. but you dont want one of the players to fold in this situation on fourth street if they would call later.

Pat

Sitting Bull
09-13-2002, 06:04 PM
I put the raiser on a pair of A's on 4th. He actually had A's up on 4th!
Sitting Bull did not complete his flush and A's up took it down.

BTW, U can take the rest of that pasta home with U when U leave. Sitting Bull lost his appetite(LOL!) /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif .
Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull