PDA

View Full Version : Couple questionable plays

dogmeat
02-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Party $50 NL table. 38% to the flop, 6% raise, 18% to the river.

Hand One:

two limpers in the 25% VP$IP area, raiser in MP (to $8) is 19%, 8%pfr

I'm on KK in cutoff. I call. All fold to raiser who calls.
We both have $40 in chips.

Flop is 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP bets $10, I call.

Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP bets $10, I ...

Hand two:

MP raises to $3, three callers, I call in BB with 77.

Flop is 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, MP bets $6, two folds, CO raises to $20.

I have $68 and I.........

Results to follow.

Thanks,

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

MyMindIsGoing
02-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Hand 1: You call preflop with KK? Raise!
Hand 2: Easy push.

jimdmcevoy
02-26-2005, 04:24 PM
1st hand: I'm assuming your trying to maximize your chances of getting it all in. If he's drawing it's best to put him all in on the turn, if not then on the river. My guess is he's probably not on a draw, so I'd probably call.

2nd hand: I prefer leading out a near pot bet here, taking the lead seems to be the easiest way to get some one's money in when they flop top pair or good draw. But since you checked, when it comes back to you I go all in since it's obvious CO will call. You are most definintly are ahead of CO here, so this is good. If MP has a higher set, so be it, but I don't think you want to just call and have a bad card kill your action or put you behind.

btw I really like these hands you posted, there's something refreshing about them.

dogmeat
02-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Hand one, MP bets and I raise all in $20 more into a $50 pot and MP folds. Anybody just call again?

Second hand, I raise hoping to shut-out a draw, but both remaining players call for what they have left, almost $200 pot.. MP shows AK for two pair, Co shows QJ spades for draw. (I put them on each-others hands?) 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif hits the turn for the flush. River runs deep - 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and I drag the pot with the full.

Anybody just call the flop?

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Leaky Game
02-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Just call the flop? No. One of the biggest mistakes made at the small stake level is slowplaying entirely too often. I'll take the smaller pot over someone sucking out on me.