PDA

View Full Version : Hello,Players1 3-way action on...

Sitting Bull
09-12-2002, 08:00 PM
4th . Sitting Bull has an opened pair of live Q's and a live 3-flush.
The Bull fires 1BB with player2 calling and player3 raising .
Assuming that player 2 is a big dog to the Bull's hand and Sitting Bull has no knowledge of player3,what should he do on 4th??
Assume a 1-5 no ante game with 5BB's in the pot on 4th.
Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull

Andy B
09-12-2002, 10:27 PM
I take it that your lack of knowledge of your opponent is so great that you don't even know what his upcards are? Seriously, you can't tell us what your opponents' boards are and how there came to be $25 in the pot? If a guy is raising a reasonable player who is showing a pair of Queens, he "should" have a set, and you should therefore get out. Against an unfamiliar opponent, though, I'd be more inclined to call and see what happens.

CJC
09-13-2002, 12:20 AM
Larry,

It helps to know what the opponents cards are?

But I will say this.. Anytime someone raises a paired doorcard at the lower limits..they usually have a set.. Unless they are the complete idiot type. And I know you know what to do against a set.

This is a perfect example of how tough it is to play against an opponent you DON'T know.

CJ

Sitting Bull
09-13-2002, 03:25 AM
on 4th but his "hearts"were dead. His ranks were completely live,however.
My first impression of him was that he was an intelligent person.
Hmmmm
Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull
09-13-2002, 03:30 AM
Andy---my impression of the raiser was that of an intelligent person.
The raiser had 2h,Th showing. His suit was dead,however,but his ranks were completely live.

Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull

patrick dicaprio
09-13-2002, 08:55 AM
well what did you put the raiser on? the answer to that question should tell you what to do. If he raises you when you have queens open on fourth then he either has you beat badly (i.e. trips) or is drawing and wants a free card, or he is outright bluffing. other than that it is tough to give advice since we dont have enough info.

Pat

DoctorK
09-13-2002, 01:32 PM
I've sometimes seen this move at 1-5 when the raiser has pocket of whatever trips you're representing. They're trying to let you know they "caught" you. When someone plays that game with me, I usually end up check-calling my draw until I have clear reason to fold/bet or check-raise.

09-13-2002, 02:05 PM
I call and check on the next street (unless I trip up on board) since my Qs and suit are live AND you don't know this opponent. My guess, based on the betting, is you're up against a set or a higher pair in the pocket (probably Aces if their was that much raising on 3rd st), but again because you're not sure of this oppponent, it could also be a free card play, a low pair with a Q in the hole as DrK suggested, or, it could be a clueless individual with 4 to the flush in a dead suit, or even 4 to a gutshot straight....you almost have to call to the river. It sucks, but you also might take the hand.

Sitting Bull
09-13-2002, 06:26 PM
when U said that my opponent had trips. he showed a set of T's at the showdown.
However,U also stated that U would be more inclined to call than to fold since the opponent is unfamiliar to me.
I would be MORE inclined to FOLD against an unfamiliar opponent than a familiar one. Since a familiar opponent knows about my playing style,he is more likely to make a "move" against me than an unfamiliar one.
I folded on 4th to the raiser.
Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull
/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Sitting Bull
09-13-2002, 06:31 PM
is easier to play against an unfamiliar opponent in this spot than to play against a familiar one.

Sitting Bull!
/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Sitting Bull
09-13-2002, 06:35 PM
opponent on a set and folded to him on 4th.
He showed trip T's at the showdown.
Sitting Bull
/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Sitting Bull
09-13-2002, 06:40 PM
fancy "moves' in low-limit games. However,USUALLY players have what they represent.
Based upon that premise,I folded to the raiser,putting him on a set.
H /forums/images/icons/smile.gif appy pokering,
Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull
09-13-2002, 06:49 PM
have to continue to call. In fact, I folded on 4th to the raiser.
The problem with calling is that I /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif might "improve" to a 4-flush while my opponent might have a set(very likely,since he re-raised opened Q's).
Making an error on 4th would have then compounded my error on the other streets--USUALLY resulting in more losses than wins.
Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull