PDA

View Full Version : 6 handed NL 100 at Party Poker - How much $/h can a pro make?

Thehoff
02-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Hi

I play 6 handed NL 100 at partypoker and Im doing pretty well... about 20$/h when playing at 3 tables. But Im not sure my game is 100%.. My question is: How much can a pro make at the same tables? How much do you guys at this forum make?

iceman5
02-26-2005, 05:45 PM
$100 NL questions belong in the small stakes forum, but I'll say this. $20/hr playing 3 tables of $1/$2 blind NL is not very good. Its decent I guess but not good

You should get about 200 hands per hour playing shorthanded 3 tables

So youre making 2.5PTBB/ 100 hands....or 5 Big Blinds per 100 hands.

A good player can make double that and a great player can make triple or maybe slightly more.

Someone double check my math.

fsuplayer
02-26-2005, 06:03 PM
i played3-4 tables last summer of that game and a'vg between 60-75/hr.

quix0tic
02-26-2005, 09:07 PM
I dont know if its sustainable but I'm currently making > 20bb/100 after 7k hands or so while 2 tabling. If I 3 table my rate seems to decrease a lot. I am basically running over the tables now and that involves picking my spots really well and mainitaing a dangerous image. Can't keep track of everything when 3 tabling. Hand reading is my forte and it drops in quality as well. Winrate comes to a little bit over 100/hr. I have played higher games, like 5/10, 10/20nl live in the past and done well but I like playing 100nl due to the tiny relative bankroll requirements. I may even make more hourly than playing 5/10nl live.

To those who say this winrate is just me running hot, observe the extent of my lagginess.

Dealt to Hero [ Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Dell80 calls [$2].
Hero raises [$6].
nh__dennis__ folds.
x250x2k calls [$6].
esetzer raises [$14].
vulex1 folds.
Dell80 folds.
Hero calls [$9].
x250x2k calls [$9].
** Dealing Flop ~45$ ** [ 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, A /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
esetzer bets [$20].
Hero raises [$45].
x250x2k folds.
>You have options at Table 24331 (6 max) Table!.
esetzer folds.
Hero does not show cards.
Hero wins $112

It should be said that the stacks between me and the other 2 players were all 100bb+ or I would have mucked preflop. Also, villain seems to repop preflop with big pair, not ak. Betting out seemed obviously KK taking a weak stab. The biggest irony of this hand is that the x250 guy thought for 30secs and folded a weak ace. If you were to be able to see all 3 hands before action begins on the flop, KK , Q9, A8, what are the chances you would give that queen high takes it down before the turn?

greg nice
02-26-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

To those who say this winrate is just me running hot, observe the extent of my lagginess.

[/ QUOTE ]

what are your vpip/pfr numbers?

quix0tic
02-26-2005, 11:42 PM
VPIP 40.8 PFR 20.2%

greg nice
02-26-2005, 11:46 PM
do you implement any table selection?

quix0tic
02-27-2005, 12:25 AM
not much in the way of table selection. if there are a few very agg players i often leave as it cramps my style (and rate). I haven't limped once with jacks or better pair, but this really gives nothing away since I enter for a raise 100% of the time I open and maybe 60% of the time after earlier limpers.

Jeff W
02-27-2005, 03:47 AM
Are you a L0pht member?

BluffTHIS!
02-27-2005, 07:11 AM
He's on the wrong coast. L0pht is a Boston hacker group. And you are implying that you can't play players like this, especially weak-tight ones and overly pre-flop aggressvie ones who don't hit too many flops themselves. Stealing pots like this gives you a freeroll to both keep doing it and to take unfavorable draw odds occasionally to bust someone. And his reason for only doing so with 100bb+ stacks is so that a short stack doesn't force a showdown of such tactics, when he would otherwise always muck if played back at. He's playing great.

quix0tic
02-27-2005, 08:19 AM
No. Besides being on the wrong coast, the group was essentially disbanded in 2000 or so. I'm surprised it was recognized and commented on. While on the subject of the obscure but laudable, anyone recognize the "colorless green ideas sleep furiously" hook in my profile?

Back to poker. I think my winrate (like 25.3bb/100 last time i checked) is sustainable based on the vast difference in hand reading, and my willingness to apply pressure based on these reads. My actual might be like 18-20 but I think its in the same ballpark. I could always be wrong of course. Seriously, am I the only one who raises with queen high here? Of course I prefer semibluffs to pure ones but it's really just a function of fold equity and if there's enough... why not. Plus, when stacks are deep enough, I can effectively represent draws I don't have so even pure bluffs with cards to come (in position) are almost like semibluffs. Ahhhh, I love the art of lagging. It's much much more fun and intellectually stimulating than nut peddling. I feel like I've been released from prison, the prison of needing cards to win.

quix0tic
02-27-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
do you implement any table selection?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps a better question would be whether I implement any mood (for lack of a better word) selection. Lately I have been playing when I have a lot of sleep, feel clearheaded and have a desire to hit the tables. If I'm frustrated in any way over a midterm or girl or something, I relax first. Definetely don't play after drinking or too late at night, and break after about 600 hands regardless. If I take a few beats or run into a big hand while bluffing, I stop until I'm clear again.

There is tons of discussion about game selection and table selection on this site but I'd be curious to hear from others about this kind of selection. I used to be fairly reckless about when I'd play. This change seems to correspond to a turningpoint in my winrate. In retrospect, I'm sure I was playing for sustained time when my bb/100 was negative (aka tilt), and many other times when it was suboptimal. I feel like this has been a momentous change, not just financially but also emotionally. Playing bad and losing money feels like [censored] and makes me dislike poker. Maybe I just had horrible discipline before... others experienced this tournaround?

Lawrence Ng
02-27-2005, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So youre making 2.5PTBB/ 100 hands....or 5 Big Blinds per 100 hands.

A good player can make double that and a great player can make triple or maybe slightly more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 5-10 is a sustainable rate, but any higher would truly require a significant marginal increase in skill just due to the fact that the cap buy-in is restricted to 50x BB as opposed to most other sites which have a 100x BB max buy-in which hugely affects the BB/100 for NL games.

Lawrence

greg nice
02-27-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And his reason for only doing so with 100bb+ stacks is so that a short stack doesn't force a showdown of such tactics, when he would otherwise always muck if played back at.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont understand this. if a big stack plays back hes going to have to muck his queen high no pair also.

quix0tic
02-27-2005, 09:02 PM
You can apply way more pressure to a big stack. If I represent an ace here, a small stack with ~60 more might just say f-it, I have kings, im going with it. A stack with ~160 more can't really do that, and if he does, I'll adjust and bust him everytime I get a decent hand. Also, the small stack doesn't have enough left to make turn or river scare cards "scary".
It can also be seen as just pure game theory. If I am bluffing here like 60% of the time, he might be about correct to push with his small stack. Given the same bluff% and a deeper stack however, he cannot push. He has to risk far more to win whats in the middle with 100bb. I'd have to be bluffing like 80-90% for a push to be profitable with the deeper stack. That's a hard read to make, so i usually just pick up the pot here.

$DEADSEXE$
02-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Agreed...this is common sense. Its why they call is SSA(Small Stack attack).
If your gonna bluff big you should alw3aystry to do it against a good size stack...
a small stack with go with the apply put "fcukit" strategy and let it ride...especially on a fishy site like Party.

thatpfunk
02-27-2005, 10:33 PM
wr not sustainable... 10 PT bb/100 is probably right around the max. i'd like to be proven wrong, but no one has been able to show anything over that as sustainable over a long period of hands.