PDA

View Full Version : is there any other way to play this one? 5/10 6max

Zygote
02-26-2005, 03:19 PM
No available reads.
The table is pretty loose but SB just joined.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9 BB

Matty
02-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Raise flop.

RunDownHouse
02-26-2005, 03:30 PM
Raise flop. If calling flop, consider raising turn, read dependent.

JrJordan
02-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Why is he raising the flop here? I guess if he raises and is 3 bet or c/r on the turn he can lay it down to save a bet. But if he is ahead, then the villain is going to get away pretty cheaply. The limp reraise is obviously sketchy one way or another (either a monster like KK, AA which he's behind to, or a moron who thinks hero is trying to steal and trying to push him out). Either way, it seems ou'll more money out of him by just letting him try to bet you out.

ISF
02-26-2005, 05:26 PM
I think you played it fine. I dont see a reason to raise anywhere here. Either you are way ahead, way behind or he is bluffing missed high cards and you want him to keep bluffing.
Well played.

RunDownHouse
02-26-2005, 05:32 PM
What about the fact that the hero has picked up a pretty good flush draw on the turn, is in position, and by raising can (likely) opt to check behind on the river, getting the same amount in either way?

rmarotti
02-26-2005, 06:07 PM
C/fold turn if 3-bet? Fold flop if 3-bet?

ISF
02-26-2005, 06:18 PM
I would want to raises the turn less because of the FD. Without it you can easily fold to a threebet now a threebet would really suck. Might as well raise when you hit your FD.
That way you get the same amount when you hit, but loose less when you dont, plus if he is betting a middle pp you dont want him to fold. If not you have to hit to win. A raise is not folding any hand you want to fold.

BK_
02-26-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

calling flop then raising the turn seems extra silly

RunDownHouse
02-26-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

calling flop then raising the turn seems extra silly

[/ QUOTE ]
Why? I really want to understand this hand.

A raise from the hero will only get 3bet by AA/QQ, correct? An aggro AK might also 3bet, I suppose. In those situations, you are behind, but have an ok shot at your flush. Since the Ah and Qh are out, you need only worry about the Kh.

I doubt a KK with Kh would 3bet the turn (although maybe they easily would, and I just don't know since I don't play this limit), so the only time you're worried about the Kh is if villian has A whatever Kh.

In any case, if hero raises the turn and villian flat calls, there's a pretty good chance that villian will check on the river. Hero can then decide whether to fire again or check behind. Even if the villian 3bets the turn, the hero has a decent chance to improve, since 3betting hands will likely be AA/QQ, and sometimes AK, but the hero is only in really bad trouble if the AK has Kh.

I really think the hero's position is a huge factor in this hand, and leveraging that position by raising the turn gives the most flexibility and is the best line. In the worst case, hero is 3bet on the turn, doesn't improve, and is led into on the river, where he folds and loses 2 BBs more than just calling down. However, there are only a few hands likely to 3bet him on the turn, and against almost all of those there's a decent chance that hero will improve to the best flush.

ALL1N
02-26-2005, 08:13 PM
I don't cap preflop here, but thats just taste.

Postflop is perfect.