PDA

View Full Version : My least favorite floorman. . .

andyfox
09-12-2002, 04:22 PM
. . .saw me moving from the must move game to the game I must move to. I was in the 1 seat in the must move game and was moving to the 5 seat at the table directly behind me, so my move was all of about 5 feet. I use a bunch of cushions and had a full rack of chips plus about 100 loose chips, which I was transferring in stages, and I had a bottle of water. He was 2 feet from me. Every other floorman would have helped me move, or at least offered to help, or brought me a rack or asked if I wanted a rack, or at the very least, stayed out of my way.

Instead, he of the big body and small brain rushed in front of me, almost knocking me over, to get to the board, where apparently a felt-tipped pen was missing.

Maybe snakehead can tell his buddy Kevin that his job calls for common decency and courtesy.

HDPM
09-12-2002, 05:30 PM
At least it was a felt tip. I think a ballpoint and he might have brought a rack.

09-12-2002, 11:18 PM
exact same thing happened to me w/ very same floorman. I hate him too.

andyfox
09-13-2002, 12:30 AM
I don't hate him. It's just hard to understand how he keeps his job since he's unknowledgable about the rules, discourteous, and not well-liked by a lot of players.

Clarkmeister
09-13-2002, 12:38 PM
Andy,

Perhaps make a written complaint to management? I've been to Commerce a dozen times and I have always found them to have the best and most courteous staff of any poker room I've ever been to. I can't imagine that a management that places such an obvious effort on customer service would stand for a floorman with multiple complaints logged against him.

Just some thoughts,

Clark

snakehead
09-13-2002, 01:04 PM
I have no idea who you are talking about.

(ot: I carry my own magic marker)

09-15-2002, 07:47 PM
When I think of this floorman the word "arrogant" comes to mind. My favorite floorman at the Commerce is Marcel. Joe is great too. I also like Tony the chip runner.

Joe, the graveyard floorman has got the worst attitude of them all. He's been on the job too long I'm afraid.

Overall, the Commerce is the best run cardroom I've ever played at. They do a lot of things right.

MichaelD
09-16-2002, 03:38 AM
This is not really relevant but from the other posts, I gather you were talking about the Commerce. When I was there, a floorman named Jack really impressed me. He workd the floor while a guy named Steve operated the board. Together I thought they did an exceptional job the 2 weeks I played there. They worked in the 15-30 to 40-80 holedm section.

Are these guys still there? Does anyone else think they do a good job? Just curious.

Just some thoughts...

Michael D.