PDA

View Full Version : How about this one?

aslowjoe
02-26-2005, 11:48 AM
I was new to the table so I had new real reads.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

spider
02-26-2005, 12:35 PM
I lean towards folding to the turn CR, but it's not terrible to call it down against an unknown IMO.

Easy to say in retrospect, but when you get a flat call on the flop there, it's often best to check turn and call a river bet. The kind of person who calls flop with nothing there will often bet the river with nothing, and of course you avoid a tough decision on the turn this way.

Alobar
02-26-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but when you get a flat call on the flop there, it's often best to check turn and call a river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like this advice, I think its a touch weak. Sure you dont have to deal with a scray turn C/R, but thats alot like saying you shouldnt raise AK in the BB after some limpers, cuz you dont want to have to deal with the flop when you miss.

You should bet this turn because there is every reason to think you have the best hand as lots of people will call this flop with any 2 cards, why would you want to give a free card?

Scotch78
02-26-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sure you dont have to deal with a scray turn C/R, but thats alot like saying you shouldnt raise AK in the BB after some limpers, cuz you dont want to have to deal with the flop when you miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your metaphor privileges have been revoked.

Scott

Alobar
02-26-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sure you dont have to deal with a scray turn C/R, but thats alot like saying you shouldnt raise AK in the BB after some limpers, cuz you dont want to have to deal with the flop when you miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not meant to be a metaphor, its meant to be another example of weak thinking.

spider
02-26-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

spider
02-26-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why would you want to give a free card?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, induce a bluff from the sort of person who calls flop with something like JTo there. And avoid putting 3 BBs in the pot when behind.

With a read, this is either a good idea or bad idea. Without a read, hard to say for sure.