PDA

View Full Version : Im winner at 2/4 and 5/10, but things could be better..

karokari
02-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Hi,

Im fairly new to these forums, and hate to ask help first, but maybe I can give something back in the future.

I keep different bankroll for different games, and now I have br for up to 5/10nl holdem($15000). But I still dont think im a good player.

I made list of the things I have to improve, so please comment on these:

1) Hand reading, how do I get better at picking up betting patterns in online games?

I play about the same way against everyone, so I have some obvious betting patters, but just dont know how to mix up and when.

2) Playing draws, I semibluff 99% of the times.

Related to this I play lot of shitty suited connectors preflop like 65s. Even for a raise from BB.

3) Bluffing, when to bluff, I bluff too much.

Because I cant get any reads of the true weakness of my opponents, I bluff in wrong spots.

4) Occassionally playing too loose-passive.

I might call with top pair-medium kicker all the way, when im obviously beated.

and 5) I have hard times at concetrating to poker.

I dont know why this is, but I have to read emails etc.

All these together im still a small winner, because of decent understanding about the odds, starting hands, etc.

trillig
02-26-2005, 07:37 AM
Have you read all the required reading books?

Tells online can be had, are you making book on everyone?

If I had 15k, I'd be set, but I lack your confidence problem. 8)

Just because your bankroll can handle it, do not make the leap, until your confidence is much much HIGHER.

Practice practice practice

Now send me 6k and I will play 10/20 live and you can have all my winning for the first 2 weeks. 8)

I have mild ADD myself, but don't read emails while you play, you have to watch 'em and take notes, let that be your OTHER thing.

If you must:
I use my portable MP3 player with my favorite songs blasting in my ears if I get really out of it, but most of the time I quit and do something else and come back.

-Bri

greg nice
02-26-2005, 10:54 AM
what site(s) do you play on?

karokari
02-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi,

Mostly ladbrokes. Why? So you can find me and bust :P

Dr. Strangelove
02-26-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Just because your bankroll can handle it, do not make the leap, until your confidence is much much HIGHER.

-Bri

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. You should play as high as possible so people don't suck out on you as much.

karokari
02-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Thats why I fold AA preflop, so I dont have to face an outdraw.

Seriously, does somone have advices or should I just keep playing and hope someday I lean by experience..

ObnxNole
02-26-2005, 05:38 PM
Give the higher limits a shot... say 10/20 full ring. The agression factor and skill level between the 5/10 and 10/20 is night and day however. Most of the players are very solid and ocassionally you will run into a pro(not fun). I wouldnt't feel comfortable playing that high on a consistent basis without a BR of at least 30,000 but give it a shot and see what happens. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

creedofhubris
02-26-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Im fairly new to these forums, and hate to ask help first, but maybe I can give something back in the future.

I keep different bankroll for different games, and now I have br for up to 5/10nl holdem($15000). But I still dont think im a good player.

I made list of the things I have to improve, so please comment on these:

1) Hand reading

2) Playing draws, I semibluff 99% of the times.

Related to this I play lot of shitty suited connectors preflop like 65s. Even for a raise from BB.

3) Bluffing, when to bluff, I bluff too much.

4) Occassionally playing too loose-passive.

5) Hard time concentrating

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't seem like 4) is a big problem. Really, if you just start folding to large bets with top pair, unless you're playing a notable bluffer, you won't go too far wrong. It's something I've got a problem with too.

5) is something you can easily solve with a little discipline.

2), fold drawing hands out of position.

1) and 3) take a lot more practice.