PDA

View Full Version : Two Interesting 2/5 Live Hands

SeanP711
02-26-2005, 06:38 AM
Ok so let me start by saying thanks for everyone that posts in this forum. It has helped my game and I have been reading for months and this is the first post.

This game is live and very loose aggressive, some rocks, some maniacs. Average stack about 750 I'd say.

First hand:

Hero has 7 :heart: 8 :heart: in the BB. Early position raises to 15 gets 5 callers. I call knowing 2 things, first I will get paid if I hit a big hand, and I pride myself in getting away from hands I think I am behind on, so I am not worried about getting away from 2 pair or top pair.

Flop comes 10 :club: 8 :club: 8 :spade:.

I lead out 75 into a 75 and change pot willing to get away from the hand, and wanting to end it right there. Loose passive guy calls (with about 500 behind)in mid position, thinks about it for a bit, so I put him on a club draw, or any face card 10. Then a guy who plays a little more hands then he should, but rarely bluffs thinks about it for about 30 seconds and raises all in to 285.

I have about 500 behind, and go into the tank. The pot is now (300+ 210) 510, and its 210 to me to win 720. I go into the tank. Anyone fold this hand? Like to hear thoughts. I put the guy on an 8 but I was worried about my kicker. I have a tight aggressive image, which allows me to bluff some pots on occasion. So I think he might put me on a good ten or an overpair.

Does anyone lay this hand down.

Results to follow.......

Next Hand.

Loose aggressive guy sits down. I mean this guy is a maniac, raises on gutshots on 3 suited flops. The night before he lost 4500 in a 500 dollar buy in game. Money is obviously not an object to this guy. However, 500 to me wouldnt be a devastating loss to me, it would sting a bit. Anyway for the hand.

I am UTG + 1 and the LAG guy straddles to 15.

I wake up to Q :spade: Q :diamond:.

I raise to 50. Loose Aggressive guy cold calls, and the other Lag guy calls. The cold caller, is very loose preflop, aggressive on the flop, and then if called shrivels up a bit. The pot is now 157.

Flop comes A :club: J :diamond: 3 :club:.

The maniac who just sat down immediately goes all in for 415, and for some reason I have a dead read on his hand. I am no Miss Cleo, but I have him dead on a draw. Now here comes the dilemma. Do I call knowing I am ahead, but I have to dodge 2 clubs? Although I knew I was ahead, I thought he might have had a club draw and a gutshot. But for some reason my spidey sense told me I was 100% ahead. Should I not be in this game if i don't want to make that call?

Results to follow.

Bartholow
02-26-2005, 03:44 PM
In hand one, I don't think you can lay this down without a really strong read or tell or something. The odds you are being offered are just too good, and you shouldn't feel bad about sometimes having to pay off.

In hand 2, I'd have a very hard time calling no matter what my read, but I'm no expert.

iceman5
02-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Hand #1....I reraise all in
Hand #2 is an easy fold. I would say you shouldnt be in this game if you call there.

creedofhubris
02-26-2005, 09:10 PM
Hand #1, raise all-in to push the club draw out.

Hand #2, fold.

ObnxNole
02-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Your first post wasn't long enuff.