PDA

View Full Version : 6 BB/Hr

Msogard
02-26-2005, 05:17 AM
Is it possible to make this playing in a full $2/$4 game with about 7-8 players going to a flop and 3/4 of the table having no idea what they're doing? 7/10 players were extremely loose-passive, the other two were playing poker for the first time. Occasionally players wouldn't even know how much to bet. So my question is, what is the biggest rate you can expect to consistently win at? Surely it's more with complete idiots than it is in your average loose-passive game. I don't feel as though I got lucky, I just played tight-aggressive.

einbert
02-26-2005, 05:19 AM
If there's an average-sized rake and you tip the dealer, 1.5 BB/hour is probably astronomical.

Msogard
02-26-2005, 05:22 AM
Wow. Dealers were not tipped though, it was a sidegame at a tournament that some church was hosting.

Shillx
02-26-2005, 05:23 AM
The most I have spent is about 4 BB/Hour on beer. I'm pretty sure that 6 BB/Hour can be done if you tip the cocktailer well.

Brad

Dopey
02-26-2005, 05:24 AM
Live, it is likely unsustainable do to the number of hands per hour which limits your oppurtunities to take advantage of your opponents. Also given time with that many bad players your gonna have bad swings because even a blind squirell sometimes finds a nut, variance can be a *****. To put things in perspective that would be like 18BB/100, yikes

Online, possible especially when multitabling as that is only 3BB/100 when 4 tabling

Dopey /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bobbyi
02-26-2005, 05:27 AM
One problem is that games like this tend to move very slowly. New players are often confused and need to think about what's going on, and the fact that people are so loose means that there are a lot of people in each hand which makes it take forever. If you watch mid- or high-limit games, you'll see that the action often procedes very quickly, but in a 2/4 game like you describe, each hand takes so long that your hourly win rate suffers since there is so much time that you have folded preflop and are just sitting there and waiting until the hand finally ends.

Msogard
02-26-2005, 05:28 AM
Thanks. It'd probably be worse than that though, new dealers moving at an extremely slow pace.

einbert
02-26-2005, 05:35 AM
You could 8 table the same game online and sustain a winrate of 2BB/100 (very attainable with hard work and study). At ~450 hands per hour that's 9BB/hr. If you make 2.5BB/100 (also probably attainable) then you're making about 11BB/hr.

So that seems like a reasonable alternative.

Dopey
02-26-2005, 05:52 AM
With a good dealer who knows how to guide the action your still going to get in atleast 25 to 30 hands an hour. Over a fairly small amount of time these players will learn how the action goes even though they will still have no idea how to play.

Trust me I know, I deal these kind of games and we are still expected to deal 32+ hands an hour.

Dopey /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bobbyi
02-26-2005, 02:50 PM
I agree that a good dealer is a must, but no matter how good the dealer is, a game where seven people see the flop and most stick around until the river and many of the people have never played before simply cannot play nearly as many hands an hour as a table full of people who've been playing heavily for many years and where a lot of hands are over before the turn.

bobbyi
02-26-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You could 8 table the same game online

[/ QUOTE ]
No, he could 8-table a completely different game online (that might be played with the same blind and betting structure).