PDA

View Full Version : Big Blind Special???

TiK
02-26-2005, 04:28 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (12.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, Hero?????
Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Would you call the river bet with the original bettor betting and the call???

billyjex
02-26-2005, 04:32 AM
Don't slowplay this hand. Bet out the flop.

Niediam
02-26-2005, 04:40 AM
I think you have to call the river here. You are with a doubt going to lose far more than you win but the call if profitable even if have the best hand a mere 8% of the time.

Niediam
02-26-2005, 04:43 AM
SSH says this type of hand 'may' be better to play slowly (see p. 114, 129) I'm not saying that I disagree with you, but I'm not sure its an automatic bet...

Dopey
02-26-2005, 05:02 AM
My Oh My, how I think you misplayed this hand.

First bet or check raise the flop don't check call, your hand while very good is still very vulnerable.

Give the flop check call you tun play was OK.

The river, why do you not bet out after your check -raise? I question whether you should even call now, you shown weakness so an A or even a J could be betting out but you got yourslef in a hard position to call.

I have no advise on what to do because I will no longer get in a sitatuion like that (However I used to play this exactly how you played it and never knew what to do either).

Dopey /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

spydog
02-26-2005, 05:50 AM
I think you must lead this flop. You will likely get raised by any Q or flush draw, which you can 3-bet. Also, leading the flop will disguise your hand, as most people won't give you credit for a 4 because they expect you to wait until the turn to get funky with this hand.

You can probably lead this river and fold to a raise. I doubt anyone raises anything but a Q with 4 players in the pot.