PDA

View Full Version : How do you play this.

Yeknom58
02-26-2005, 03:24 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)
My main opponent here is fairly reasonable..ABC...A little too loose (33% VP$IP). He would bet a draw.

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...Raise, fold, call.

Final Pot: 14 BB

ebranig
02-26-2005, 03:28 AM
I don't know what you're doing on this flop.

Fold, and it isn't close.

27offsooot
02-26-2005, 03:32 AM
fold the flop

belloc
02-26-2005, 03:34 AM
You need to fold the flop. If you've called the flop, you need to fold the turn. If that 7 is a K or Q, then maybe you can entertain a turn call, but only for a second. Pick a street and fold, sooner rather than later.

Dopey
02-26-2005, 05:47 AM
Easy fold on the river.

Unlike others I don't fault your play at all.

Pre-Flop - Easy call getting an expected 5-1

Flop - Easy call getting 11-1 with your set draw probably still good and a backdoor straight draw

Turn - A close call but still a call as long as your don't seriously expect a SB check raise. Getting 8 - 1 (9-1 if you expect SB to call) you have about 5 good outs when your factor in partial outs

3 good outs - A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
3 semi-scary outs - 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 scary outs - A /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Just my thoughts as I don't think you play it as poorly as people make it sound.

Dopey /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ebranig
02-26-2005, 07:13 AM
I must disagree severely again with this flop advice for two points;

1. With the set draw, an awful lot of low cards will be out and there's an awful lot of players out there who either could have a straight or redraw to a straight. Remember that you have two live blinds in this hand, and the SB led out into 5 players...

2. Backdoor Straigt draw is one of the weakest order as the high version is a sucker setup. Also, there's the obvious club draw which should be a consideration with all the players.

Even if we gave this hand 3 outs (two 3's, one for the backdoor straight) he needs 14-1 which he clearly isn't getting. Realistically, I estimate this hand to have 1.5 outs. This is a clear, undisputable flop fold. Period.