PDA

View Full Version : Help with short handed

Insomnia
02-26-2005, 03:02 AM
I have been reading the forums for a whlie and this is my first post /images/graemlins/smile.gif
This week many of the regulars in my usual 8 person NL HE tourney left for vacation, and it was only four of us left to play. Very social game, but still lots of competition.
Tournament setup is as follows:
Every player starts with T1000. Blinds begin at 20-40, and increase when each player is eliminated(were to lazy to use clocks).
Im fairly new to poker(only 6 months under my belt), but i do know pot odds, hand odds, position all thoes things. Unfortunatly this praticular game has been giving me alot of trouble. 2 of the players are fairly weak and tight, but have been caught with the occasional BIG bluff. The third player is rather agressive, and dosetn have a problem shoving his whole stack in on a complete bluff. Im a pretty agressive player, and i dont have a huge problem with going all in to drive players out. Im also loose in my starting requiremnets, because i feel i can outplay many of the other players after the flop.(were all pretty bad players :P)
What i want to know is what is the best strategy to go about. Ive tried going tigiht, but it alwasy backfires when the habitual bluffer losses all of his chips to another player, and im stuck with half the stack. if i go tight and do manage to pick off a big bluff, i have a hard time managing big stack. I seem to have the most sucsess when i play very aggresivly, and take down as many pots without showing down a hand.
Any thoughts on how i should play?
(also if u need more information pls post questoins and ill reply asap)