PDA

View Full Version : A8 against a tight-aggr

Trix
02-25-2005, 10:00 PM
BB is 18vpip/5pfr/1.8AF after 13x hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Alobar
02-25-2005, 10:49 PM
I dont like the river bet. Whats he folding? Your only hope is an AXs that was also a flush draw, but a TAG would have played that differently I think.

mperich
02-25-2005, 11:17 PM
I fold the turn, wait for a better spot. If i did raise the turn I check behind the river as well, since as alobar said, what is he going to fold here that you can beat? Probably nothing...

-Mike

ISF
02-25-2005, 11:57 PM
I fold the turn, but as you played it I dont see the point in the river bet. While BB was often betting a draw he picked up on the turn, bluffing at the scare card. Once he called the turn I doubt he folds any hand you beat often enough to make it profitable. If he folds here you probibly had his busted draw beat anyways.

Trix
02-26-2005, 08:40 AM
I think he would play a queen faster on the flop and sometimes a nine too. If he has a pair its a weak one and he checked to see if SB would fold so he could get heads up with me.

I´m pretty sure he would check-raise a nine on the turn, wouldn´t you ? , so that leaves weak pairs, flushdraws and JT, I thought I could get him to fold a weak pair and I´m ahead often too, so I liked my chances alot.

The rivercard should be scary for me and he might know this, so he would expect me to do a bit of checking here with my weaker hands, so I bet it as 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gifX /images/graemlins/spade.gif probably folds and perhaps some pocket pairs too if he was worried about a free showdown move and called one more on the turn.

When he decides to bet the turn, it must be for a reason and since his range is pretty much weak pairs or draws it must be because he thinks he can make me fold or that I´m so straightforward that he can trust my bets.

I think I have to bet any non club river aswell, though it´s closer. An 8 I can check though.

Trix
02-27-2005, 12:56 PM
He folded.

chio
02-27-2005, 01:40 PM
looks like spewing

you're getting about 2-1 on your turn raise/river bluff. don't think it's profitable in the long run vs a TAG

Trix
02-27-2005, 08:00 PM
What do you put him on when he bets the turn ?

chio
02-28-2005, 12:07 AM
pocket pair lower than 99, a Q, a flush draw, a bluff (including A high), a 9 - none of which are folding to a turn raise