PDA

View Full Version : Ace High

Trix
02-25-2005, 09:52 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

I dont think I knew much about him at the time (I really need to write down my reads when the hands happen /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Might have seen him check as pfr on a QTx board and fold the turn for two cold after 3way prioer to this..or maybe after :/

His stats were somewhat loose, somewhat aggro after very few hands.

Alobar
02-25-2005, 10:52 PM
I dont like it when he bets the river again. If hes passive enough to check the flop after he raises, why is he now aggresive enough to bluff the river? That being said, I still call and make a big fat note on him.

ISF
02-25-2005, 11:59 PM
I think that I check fold the turn here. Unless BB is really playing odd the flop check looks like a monster. I really doubt missed high cards do this. Especially if you had him down as somewhat aggro.

Evan
02-26-2005, 12:05 AM
The 3 bet-check behind scares the crap out of me. Without a read on the guy as being a real fucktard that does this a lot I check-fold the turn.

Chobohoya
02-26-2005, 01:03 AM
I would fold the turn. I'm pretty hammered, so I don't have a good reason, but that's what I would do.

kamelion44
02-26-2005, 02:49 AM
You must have had SOME sort of read on him...if you did this with no reads, this line doesn't make any sense to me. Why check/call on the turn/river? If you really read him as an aggressive on a bluff here, why not CR turn, or bet out?

Trix
02-26-2005, 08:45 AM
Yeah I know this hand blows as the read is fuzzy..

I used to sometimes check in his spot when against someone I thought was weaktight-very aggro as I´ll get check-raised whenever he plays on, but he will check-fold the turn when he doesnt have anything as he is scared of the 3bet-check line.

I pick up a gutshot on the turn, so when I´m behind I often have 7 outs. (I actually wanted to fold the river at this point because I didnt think he would bluff twice).

Om the river though, the pot just seem big enough to call and make a read. He will be expecting me to fold XhXh, T8, J8 too, so that adds a bit for a call.

He had QcTc this time /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheCaptain
02-26-2005, 09:01 AM
even the most predictable opponents can become tricky when it is just the two blinds, especially if you've been playing agro on him and won a few small pots from him earlier on plays like this, nonetheless, folding the turn still wouldn't have been incorrect without making being able to make a semi-reliable calldown read after he checked flop