PDA

View Full Version : Would you watch sports anymore if....

Emmitt2222
02-25-2005, 08:05 PM
this (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1999051) happened? I was just thinking about how a ton of athletes would want this but it would really ruin it for the spectator. Its no longer about who is the best at something, but how good the doctor is at enhancing his body. Sucks. Sorry if this has come up already.

[censored]
02-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Is the current programing available of TV going to suddenly get like 1000 times better? If not, then yes.

Emmitt2222
02-25-2005, 08:26 PM
OK, thats a good point, I may not stop watching sports just because they are something to watch, but wouldnt it really devalue it a lot? Look at Barry Bonds and the whole Canseco thing going on, people just don't have nearly as much respect for these guys and most of their records are least questionable. Something like this would really just devalue the whole sports world. I'm not saying I'm even positive this will ever happen because if it ever did it would be pretty freakin far off, but I think it would ruin sports.

[censored]
02-25-2005, 08:29 PM
I think sports like Baseball and Track would suffer while sports like Boxing and Football would be better. Basically the thought of mutants trying to kill each other appeals to me.

Alobar
02-25-2005, 08:40 PM
you wont have to wait long to find out, cuz its going to start coming up, alot. especially in your endurance sports, cycling, track, cross country skiing. No one watches those anyway, but its only a hop skip and a jump before football players and such start doing it.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-25-2005, 08:40 PM
I guess it would turn into something more of a chess match between coaches if all the players ended up being equally uber-human.