PDA

View Full Version : "Fossilman" Raymer to Play and Do Commentary on Live at Bike Tonight!

Rick Nebiolo
02-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Just ran into WSOP Champ and future 2+2 NL book author Greg "Fossilman" Raymer at the Bike. Greg told me he plans to play in tonight's $500 NL game on "Live at Bike" for a few hours and then go into the web cast booth (actually Greg will find it is more like a closet) and do a litle commentary.

I hope to make it home be 7:30 to watch this one but don't expect lucid comments from me (if someone starts a "Live at Bike" thread). Tonight is a martini, girlfriend and hopefully "bada bing" night for me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Rick

KingMedicine
02-25-2005, 08:10 PM
thanks for the head's up and good luck on the bada-bing!!

BillyKGB
02-25-2005, 08:19 PM
yea, thanks..
looks like I'll be up watching..
starts 3 am here in central europe.. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ThaHero
02-25-2005, 09:06 PM
girlfriend, martini's, and bada-bing sounds MUCH BETTER than playing poker! Go for it dude! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Grindin'
02-25-2005, 09:40 PM
I'll definitely be watching. I'm soooo happy it's a NL game! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick Nebiolo
02-26-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
girlfriend, martini's, and bada-bing sounds MUCH BETTER than playing poker! Go for it dude! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The great thing is girlfriend is a NL player so we are having a romantic evening that starts with watching Live at Bike on monitor 2 while I type this on monitor 1. Perfect! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ Rick

PS Plus I make killer martinis /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That guy
02-26-2005, 03:24 AM
I caught some of Raymers commentary. That was great stuff. Fossilman hinted that he might be doing some TV commentary coming up. I look forward to that. Nice job Greg.

d1sterbd
02-26-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The great thing is girlfriend is a NL player so we are having a romantic evening that starts with watching Live at Bike on monitor 2 while I type this on monitor 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a NL girlfriend?? Life just isn't fair

d1sterbd
02-26-2005, 11:04 AM
Unless she accidentally calls you Gus in bed.. that wouldn't be cool. If she cat calls Shana Hiatt, then you must get an engagement ring immediately

jeffraider
02-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Okay, is there anyone on 2+2 that would be able to start capturing this coverage for us? Someone who gets smooth streaming video from the Bike and has the technical savvy to turn it into a nice easy MPEG or AVI for us? I can't watch it tonight, and even if I could, I can only listen pretty well because for some reason my streaming video from live at the bike is utterly terrible and choppy, even though my connection is reasonably fast.

cwsiggy
02-26-2005, 02:10 PM
what program captures streaming video? Total recorder?

WhiskyRiver
02-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Mmmm....how do you screw up a martini? Unless you're talking about fake fruity crap....

Rick Nebiolo
02-26-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mmmm....how do you screw up a martini? Unless you're talking about fake fruity crap....

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget the fruity stuff but it is easy to screw up a regular vodka martini:

- use too much vermouth

- not cold enough (should let it sit in mixer over ice for at least five minutes)

- glasses not properly chilled

- use lousy vodka

- use cheap olives

There are probably other ways /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

~ Rick

illiquid
02-26-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what program captures streaming video? Total recorder?

[/ QUOTE ]

try www.camtasiastudio.com (http://www.camtasiastudio.com)

CrazyN8
02-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Rick, I'm not questioning your Martini skills but I've always heard you stir a martini (don't shake) to keep there from being too much water (not saying you shake or stir). You might try putting the liquor in the freezer instead of letting it sit on ice. Anywho, you know you are my $2oo NL Hero. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CrazyN8
02-26-2005, 09:35 PM
There is also a program called WM Recorder. It also has a VCR function so you can set it to record. I'll look a little more into it as I get time. Bonus whoring and finishing a masters degree are taking up a lot of time.

Rick Nebiolo
02-27-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rick, I'm not questioning your Martini skills but I've always heard you stir a martini (don't shake) to keep there from being too much water (not saying you shake or stir). You might try putting the liquor in the freezer instead of letting it sit on ice. Anywho, you know you are my $2oo NL Hero. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think when a martini is allowed to water down a bit (hey, at home I can use big glasses and fill to the brim) it tastes a bit smoother.

~ Rick