PDA

View Full Version : John Chaney

Shajen
02-25-2005, 07:43 PM
If I were the University President, I'd fire his ass. Great example to set for your kids, Coach. Good job.

Edge34
02-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Nothing new from the guy - he's been worse than Bobby Knight for the last 20 years.

1984 - Placed his hands around (choked?) George Washington coach.

1994 - Threatened to KILL UMass coach John Calipari.

Not to mention in media sessions, asked a reporter to "step outside". And its not the first time he's sent in goons, just the first time it ended like this.

Bobby Knight > John Chaney.

[censored]
02-25-2005, 07:52 PM
I don't know, I've always thought the "good position" was an appropriate use of a lessor used bench player.

Shajen
02-25-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing new from the guy - he's been worse than Bobby Knight for the last 20 years.

1984 - Placed his hands around (choked?) George Washington coach.

1994 - Threatened to KILL UMass coach John Calipari.

Not to mention in media sessions, asked a reporter to "step outside". And its not the first time he's sent in goons, just the first time it ended like this.

Bobby Knight > John Chaney.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, so about once every 10 years he goes off his meds? The guy is a dirtbag. Why hasn't he been fired? If I was the basketball player that got hurt, I'd press charges*. [censored] was premeditated.

*probably can't, but I'd try.

Edge34
02-25-2005, 08:39 PM
Bobby went off like once every 20.

There's lots of reasons he hasn't been fired I'm sure. Temple has tried to keep him in good standing with the media (although they haven't done a great job of it). He's not that high-profile because his team doesn't win very much anymore, so I guess people just kinda forget about him.

I just know you're right, he's a sack of crap, and probably WILL be fired if there's enough of a media hailstorm.