PDA

View Full Version : drawing to flushes and calling raises

theredpill5
02-25-2005, 07:41 PM
There can be a lot of money in making good reads. Today I had K Q and called a 3x blind raise from LP player. King hit and I checked it to him and he bluffed at the pot on the flop I called then fired a 3/4 pot bet on the turn and he gave up and folded. He had J J . Anyone ever do this and could this be positive EV ? Or should I not even try to learn this art ? I'm just looking for something to get my bankroll going. I'm just getting frustrated. I can't hit sets and when I do , I either mistakenly fold with them, mistakenly call with them. I can't hit flushes lately either. If I'm running bad, should I just fold flush draws and straight draws ? I'm calling with correct odds or close to correct odds but when I miss I'm usually out about $10 on the .25/.50 NL games. Ok thanks. It's not a joke.

steaknshake925
02-25-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just looking for something to get my bankroll going.

[/ QUOTE ]

At your stakes bonus whoring would give a pretty good boost.

tbach24
02-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Sets are key. You gotta hit them to make money, and if you don't you should just quit poker. Flush draws are too obvious, stop drawing to them (unless villain is known to not be able to fold a good hand). Straight draws are somewhat key in my opinion, but with the way I play, I never seem to have to draw to them. One of the most important things in poker IMO is to learn to play OOP. I think that I play better OOP than IP.

In review: Hit sets, fold flush draws (without pot odds/implied odds), call straight draws. Also, game dependent in a lot of things. And when you post, don't do totally irational posts where you know what you did wrong, just post hands you think you played right, but have a little skepticsm.

I am such a nice guy.