PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll requirements + ROR

gorgeous
02-25-2005, 07:40 PM
*CROSSTHREADED IN SMALL STAKES NL*

My friend is currently playing 100NL on Partypoker (with no rakeback btw) and he thinks that 30x buyins as your bankroll is being overly cautious. I tell him that there is a high ROR involved with playing with ~10x buyins as he does but he doesn't believe me.

He says, "if you lose 30x your buyins, it either means you suck or you are having a super-long cold streak. If indeed it is a cold streak, you know that you are a better player than the people at the table and you can win the money back because cold streaks do not last forever. It is extremely difficult for a GOOD player to lose 30x their buyin in a given period."

I know that this has been discussed in several threads already but I want you guys to tell him how risky it is to be playing the way he is now.

Sorry for bothering you Zoo-ers

gila
02-25-2005, 09:58 PM
You may want to post this in the hold em, general, up toward the top.

pyroponic
02-26-2005, 01:43 PM
I agree, 10x buy-in's is definately not enough at that level, but I suppose it's decent if he can come up with more money if he busts out.

I think the main reason 20-30x buy-in in necessary is to have a sufficient psychological BR just in case you get on some sort of a bad run.