PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of missed AKo...

tbach24
02-25-2005, 07:37 PM
I've seen a lot of missed AKo posts and because I LOVE making threads that have been done before and totally cramming up SSNL, I'll add another.

Couple of noticable things on the villain:
He bets with big-hands, calls with draws, basically a typical online opponent. I hadn't seen him yet with a TPBK hand yet. Also hadn't seen how he had reacted to a busted draw when checked to.

He's got 10 and I got him covered.

I got A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the SB and after 2 limpers, make it .7 to go. He calls from the button.

Flop is J /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif (pot = 1.6)
I bet .8 and he calls.

Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (pot = 3.05)
I bet 1.5, he calls

River is A /images/graemlins/club.gif
I check.

This is, IMO, the way to play against your average online player with a missed AKo. I was planning on betting the river had the A not come, and was planning on calling any bet.

Thoughts?

TrailofTears
02-25-2005, 07:41 PM
This is a good way to find out information about villain, for sure. Since whether he checks or bets, you will get to see his hand now, you are going to learn exactly how he plays this kind of hand. I think this is a great line, t.

PoBoy321
02-25-2005, 08:23 PM
I like this play because he could easily have a worse hand, and given the way the hand played out, it is very likely that he is on a flush draw, although it obviously isn't the nut flush draw. KQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif? Either way, I think that on the flop and turn you are value betting your AK and on the river, I like the check to hopefully induce a bluff from the button.

CheckFold
02-25-2005, 08:31 PM
I seem to see QJ or JT check behind in a lot of these type situations, so I just throw out whatever I bet on the turn again. Your line has some merits as well but I'm not sure it's the most profitable.