PDA

View Full Version : Peep Show

holdemfan
02-25-2005, 07:33 PM
ah....that would be Mike Lee not Mile Lee. Maybe a new nickname?

MicroBob
03-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Mostly common-sesne stuff...but still a reasonable article.

[ QUOTE ]
I even "high fived" a guy for cold calling 3 bets with six-four offsuit and busting my trip kings with his straight on the river. Big, big, big pot, but I got it back in a couple hours because he was feeling good and felt he could keep playing that way. If someone is short stacked due to bad play I like remind them how good they did earlier and how it has been running a little dry right now. I'll tell them I was down to the same amount about an hour ago. My goal, go get more chips!

I know many play poker for money. I play to have fun. I consider making money having fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Outstanding....high-fiveing the 64o guy who just beat you is precisely the kind of atmosphere I try to create when I play live (when I'm upbeat and feeling nutty....doesn't really have to do with having been winning or losing....just general mood-dependent).

It's the type of thing that gets someone else to say "do I get a high-five too if I play 64o" and then they'll actually start doing it.

Talking in terms of the cards running a little-dry right now, etc goes right along with that.
This stuff should be obvious to many winning players. Not mandatory to cultivate an image that you play badly....but it certainly is kinda dumb in most games to encourage the opponents to tighten-up by talking about your 15-outer (as was mentioned in the article).

I freaking HATE that.

Sometimes someone will ask me how I would have played that hand ('would you have folded the 4-flush there?'). And I'll usually respond with something like,
"well...it depends if you thought another diamond was going to come or not."

BarronVangorToth
03-03-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
high-fiveing the 64o guy who just beat you is precisely the kind of atmosphere I try to create

[/ QUOTE ]

I likewise enjoyed this piece -- I do hope he does a follow-up as a tutorial for those of us who aren't naturally inclined to high five senior citizens.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)