PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 'Are *Official* posts overused' poll

LondonBroil
02-25-2005, 07:20 PM

Ghazban
02-25-2005, 09:02 PM
My question is: what governing body designates the "official" title thrown on all these threads (and not just in this forum....)?

Kevmath
02-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Why it's the Nevada State Boxing Commission of course. They sanction the official threads.

Kevin...

detroitplayer
02-26-2005, 05:42 AM
If I started this trend, I apologize. I was tired of there being 20 new Tilt posts every Thursday. So on Thursdays before the show I would just make "Official Tilt Episode X" thread.

Sometimes I wouldn't even put a body in the post. I simply just made the topic so people would go to it if they wanted to talk about the show. Quite honestly, it seemed to cut down on the duplicate posts dramatically.

Why put "official" in the title when there's no real governing force? Because it worked.

I think the only reasonable instances to make those posts are for current events/shows/tournaments that you know a lot of people will be talking about and interested in. IE. Tilt, Live At The Bike, etc.

wray
02-26-2005, 08:50 AM
What I would like to know is if there's a panel of experts that decide which thread is the official one.

Are there only certain well thought out chosen ones that have the authorization to start the **official* threads.

detroitplayer
02-26-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Are there only certain well thought out chosen ones that have the authorization to start the **official* threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

They key to making an *official* thread: Be the first one to make it. If a thread on the event already exists, even if it says "official" or not... you're screwed.

If you're feeling up to it, I think we need an "Official thread for Live At The Bike - 2/26" thread. Make it happen!