PDA

View Full Version : First post on new forum -- bubble conundrum

AtticusFinch
02-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Hi All,

I'm a regular on the 1 table tourney forum, and I recently decided to try my hand at multis. I scored second place in the third one I played, so now I have a nice 30 buyin bankroll to blunder through. So, I thought I'd join this forum and start my education.

My first question:

Last night I'm the shortest stack on the bubble with 4k. (The next smallest has 6.5k). In middle position I'm dealt TT. The biggest stack in the tourney is on the big blind, but he's routinely folded to pushes. Blind is at 500 with 50 ante.

Because of my SNG experience, every bone in my body is yelling "Push push push," so I do. Opinions?

zaxx19
02-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Seems fine to me....you are playing for the top 3 spots correct?? If so push and hope the larger stacks have 99 88 or even AK AQ AJ and want to gamble.

SoBeDude
02-25-2005, 07:11 PM
no doubt. thats a push.

-Scott

AtticusFinch
02-25-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems fine to me....you are playing for the top 3 spots correct?? If so push and hope the larger stacks have 99 88 or even AK AQ AJ and want to gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the bottom payout was so low it was hardly worth worrying about. 5th was about the lowest place I'd have been happy with.

Chief911
02-25-2005, 07:20 PM
This is a good push. You are committing your stack to the hand, because it would be ridiculous to bet out 3xBB, then fold just less than half your stack if someone calls and you see a flop with an A, K, or Q in it.

Push it, and hope someone calls on a coinflip, or overplays a smaller PP, or you get T750.

Nick

docknet
02-25-2005, 07:28 PM
It's really a question of how deep you want to go into the money.

The bubble is a good time to push with this hand. Only the big stacks will call. Most people are folding all but pocket AA or KK at this point.

sdplayerb
02-26-2005, 03:30 AM
why would you hope they have AK and want to gamble?
you want them to fold if you don't have them dominated.

woodguy
02-26-2005, 05:02 AM
WIth 8 BB's I don't think that you have to push this hand in, but I would.

That's why I love having the big stack, I can call small stack pushes with overcards, luck out, and snap off a pair of tens with QJo or some other mediocre hand.

Regards,
Woodguy