PDA

View Full Version : Clearing a Party bonus

Mister Z
02-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Party Poker has been emailing me over the past few months offering a 50% 1st deposit bonus up to $100 if I sign up before a certain date. If I do this, I plan on depositing $200 to take full advantage of the bonus. However I was wondering if I will play enough raked hands to clear this bonus within 30 days. The deal is that you must play raked hands equal to 5 times the bonus amount within 30 days of making the deposit. So does that mean the total rake taken from ME must equal $500, or just that I saw the flop in hands that were raked totalling $500?

Also, playing .50/1 - would I be able to clear this bonus easily? I think I play around 6K hands per month - usually around 5-10 hours per week usually 2-tabling. Thanks in advance!

SinCityGuy
02-25-2005, 06:58 PM
You will need to play 500 raked hands to clear the bonus.

Mister Z
02-25-2005, 07:03 PM
Ah - don't I feel like a jackass. /images/graemlins/blush.gif That sounds easily clear-able.

IggyWH
02-25-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker has been emailing me over the past few months offering a 50% 1st deposit bonus up to $100 if I sign up before a certain date. If I do this, I plan on depositing $200 to take full advantage of the bonus. However I was wondering if I will play enough raked hands to clear this bonus within 30 days. The deal is that you must play raked hands equal to 5 times the bonus amount within 30 days of making the deposit. So does that mean the total rake taken from ME must equal $500, or just that I saw the flop in hands that were raked totalling $500?

Also, playing .50/1 - would I be able to clear this bonus easily? I think I play around 6K hands per month - usually around 5-10 hours per week usually 2-tabling. Thanks in advance!

[/ QUOTE ]

As already said, you will need to play 500 raked hands to clear that $100 bonus. On .5/1 limit tables at Party, a little over 50% of the hands are raked on average. So to clear the bonus, it would take around 850 total hands to get 500 raked hands.

On Party, a normal table sees about 60 or so hands an hour. 2-tabling that'll take you about 7 hours of total play.

playersare
02-25-2005, 07:14 PM
the raked hand requirement for the Party Poker initial signup is actually much easier than either of the scenarios you listed.

a "raked hand" is one where you are dealt cards, and the pot is raked for the minimum amount (in Party Poker's case, a $5+ pot and 50c rake). you do not need to actually bet money into the pot yourself in order to be credited for the raked hand, just get dealt cards and fold if you want.

So to clear $100 bonus on Party Poker you need to play 500 raked hands. On average, you will be dealt 60 hands per hour/per table of which approximately 70% of the hands will be raked at 50c/$1 limits, so if you play two tables at a time you will clear about 80 raked hands an hour. So your total playing commitment will be about 6-7 hours total which you should be able to clear quite easily at your own pace.

other sites may base your bonus on actual rake paid like you mentioned, but party poker's bonus will be worth nearly 400% against the rake you pay to earn it at the lower limits. I'd estimate that during the 500 raked hands on Party Poker 50c/$1 that you play to clear the $100 bonus, you will be paying only $25-40 worth of attributed rake back to them in the process. have fun!