SB 365
hero (BB) 2200
UTG 4330

Hero is dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG folds
button allin (1135)
SB folds
hero?

It costs 935 to call and there was 1435 in the pot. If I call and lose, I have 1065 chips left.

mcpherzen
02-25-2005, 06:13 PM
Clear call (all things being equal - this means if you have some other knowledge about this opponent, like he only plays AA, then you'd have to think about this problem differently). Even if you lose, you are still a big favorite to finish ITM. You take this chance now because you are likely ahead, and you may be a huge favorite (i.e. he has a smaller Ace than you do), and if you win this race, you've got 2nd in the bag and a very good shot at 1st.

--mcpherzen

curtains
02-25-2005, 06:17 PM
I'd call, AJs too good here + you are getting great odds

FishBurger
02-25-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Clear call (all things being equal - this means if you have some other knowledge about this opponent, like he only plays AA, then you'd have to think about this problem differently). Even if you lose, you are still a big favorite to finish ITM. You take this chance now because you are likely ahead, and you may be a huge favorite (i.e. he has a smaller Ace than you do), and if you win this race, you've got 2nd in the bag and a very good shot at 1st.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis. I folded (like a dork) because I thought button wouldn't push here unless he had a premium hand due to SB being short-stacked. Plus, I've been focussing on trying to call less so that I will have more to push at a later time.

After I folded, button flashed QJ. This fold cost me at least second and a good shot at first as I ended up busting out in third when I pushed AT from the button and was called by BB's AK. A single hand on the bubble can make all the difference in the world in these puppies.

The Yugoslavian
02-25-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Good analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zen always does.

[ QUOTE ]

I folded (like a dork) because I thought button wouldn't push here unless he had a premium hand due to SB being short-stacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true unless, as Zen said, he's an absolute rock (and there aren't many in the $22s).

[ QUOTE ]

Plus, I've been focussing on trying to call less so that I will have more to push at a later time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sure, but when you get shorthanded and have the 'Corona of poker' it's looking mighty good. Just pop a lime in that AJ and you're gtg.

[ QUOTE ]

After I folded, button flashed QJ. This fold cost me at least second and a good shot at first

[/ QUOTE ]

It did, While he won't have QJ every time, it demonstrates that a typical players' pushing range here is wider than you perhaps thought.

[ QUOTE ]

as I ended up busting out in third when I pushed AT from the button and was called by BB's AK. A single hand on the bubble can make all the difference in the world in these puppies.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure can. Not only that but it can impact your ROI and ITM for dozens (if not hundreds) of SNGs to come, /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

Yugoslav
(who still makes *plenty* of bubble mistakes)