PDA

View Full Version : Hey Zee and Phat Mack....

HDPM
09-12-2002, 01:13 AM
Z- the buttons are visible to the naked eye. They are smaller and I don't know what they all do yet, but I will be able to operate the thing. My wife likes all the lights and colors on the thing. It has a remote I didn't know it had. I really have no idea hou to operate that yet. The buttons on the remote are bigger.

Phat Mack- This is just an initial impression, so you can't rely on it totally. That said, I really don't know how any human can even survive without 100 channels of near CD quality sound direct from a satellite. All kinds of music, some news and talk. Sounds great- noticeably better than FM sound. The name of the artist and song pop up on my screen when the song is on. The classical station was about to play a full concert recorded in London, Stravinsky, Mozart, and someone else good but I don't remember who. How many of your classical stations play long pieces in drive time, let alone a full concert? Here the station that plays classical has either Prairie Home Companion (shoot the radio time) or NPR news on when you want to hear music. Jazz sounded great. Blues was good. Other channels were good because I'd not normally listen to their stuff or even get a chance to. So Phat Mack, if you like radio, your life is not complete and you are being tortured by not having satellite radio. But I'm sure you are tough enough to take it. Bankroll is a consideration though, as I calculated the price without asking about installation. I thought it was all included. D'oh. Only a 25% difference more or less. I'm glad I didn't ask because I might not have gotten it if I knew what it was actually going to run. That may be dumb, because I'll not remember the money difference in 60 days, but I will like the XM. The antenna is a black plastic lump maybe the size of a squash ball or raquetball or something. Not very noticeable.

You have to love a country so rich and decadent that satellites are put up so I can get rap, bluegrass, and, if I pay extra, Playboy radio on my car stereo that has a remote since it is just too hard to reach over and hit buttons while you talk on your cell phone. This planet has a future when we put our technology to such high uses. Gotta love it. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Ray Zee
09-12-2002, 10:11 AM
great keep us posted on this thing. i would love to believe it is wonderful and the wave of the future. i might even sell my victrola someday.

Phat Mack
09-12-2002, 12:21 PM
So Phat Mack, if you like radio, your life is not complete and you are being tortured by not having satellite radio. But I'm sure you are tough enough to take it.

Arrrrgh. Damn! I better get down to the plasma center.